Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 1329 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: February 14, 2021, 07:07:07 AM »
Morning one and all - match day.

We still have some snow on the ground and I am watching a red sky sunrise.

Not sure what to hope for lunchtime. Hoping the lads can turn it around on the plastic. And please no more injuries.

COYW
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 07:47:39 AM »
Morning Neils. Some very looking clouds sliding in from the North West. Very windy, so not a good day for kicking. Can we even beat Wuss? Starting to have my doubts.

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 07:49:11 AM »
Good morning all Waspies from Guildford. I am enjoying my first caffeinated beverage of the day before rugby paper, walking and making a cottage pie for later.

If we have ambitions to be top 4 then today is the day to lay a marker, get a win and hopefully a 5 pointer. This league is wonderfully tight and after the last 2 games the boys need to get a confidence boosting win and correct the errors we have seen.

Come on you Wasps!

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 07:50:17 AM »
Morning everybody.

Still quite a bit of snow in my area and wind seems to be picking up out there.

In theory this should be an ideal game for us, Worcs have personnel probs and haven’t beaten us since 2013. Let’s hope the boys want to win this one for Jack.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2021, 08:08:12 AM »
Morning all. I sensed a real intensity in the Saints game that I think we'll carry in to this. I think we'll win and possibly quite convincingly. I loathe plastic pitches - just don't look right for rugby but we seem to do ok on them. Still can't get over what happened to Jack so will be scanning for news on that and hoping it's somehow good.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2021, 08:38:36 AM »
Good morning everyone.

A tad less chilly this morning, here in S Bucks. Was -5C yesterday morning. The E wind made it feel considerably colder. Today it's a grey start but dry, so the dog walk should be OK. Rain forecast for later and 14C tomorrow!!! Balmy by comparison.

Stiill reflecting on what happened to Jack yesterday at HQ. Our luck with our best young players seems significantly worse than other clubs - Sam, Danny, Tom Rees to name but a few.

As each match day arrives, I now have increasing trepidation as to how we will perform. After our performances against Quins and Saints, we do appear to have a vulnerability about us. The second half last week was a marked improvement on the previous 120 minutes, but sadly, we blew our chances to have won the game.

Today, is not life or death - there, after all, is no relegation this season, but a good win today would see us fly up the table - we really need (and aspire) to be in the top flight in Europe next season.

The squad that plays today should be good enough to win the game. I just hope that their heads, collectively, are in the right frame of mind. The forecast weather conditions might be an issue as light rain and a temperature just above freezing, could impact on handling the ball.

Hopefully it will all fall into place today and we can relax with a beer and enjoy what we are watching.

#COYW

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2021, 08:51:34 AM »
Good morning everyone; it's cold, damp and mizzling but no wind  (or sun) at all - doubtless it's  snowing under the clouds on the mountain.  Apart from all that - it's quite nice.  Have fed the birds, and Sir has fed himself.  I feel very like Shugs  about this  match  and hope the the 'convincingly'  bit comes true.  I shall keep an eye on things from behind the settee as usual.  Good luck boys  -  you  CAN do this.  Safe journeys to everyone wherever you may be. Allez x 3,  +  C.O.Y.W..............     

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2021, 09:52:45 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours.

Looking forward to a romantic dog walk, take away coffee, bit of rugby watching followed by a take away curry! What a charmer!

I am also feeling a little reflective about Jack. I hate these serious injuries. Here's to a great game today, physical, powerful, fast, but no injuries please.

May the best team win, Come on You Wasps!

Take care,
Notso

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2021, 10:11:41 AM »
Morning all. Lovely sunrise in Hastings. I look forward to all Wasps games and hope for a 5 pointer today. Was intensely disappointed by our previous two. Cat suffered. No injuries please.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2021, 10:26:08 AM »
OT ....  Rossm ......  Has the cat recovered ?

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2021, 10:32:14 AM »
It's a metaphorical cat wonky  ::)
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2021, 10:33:55 AM »
Morning one and all.

Just got back from a very wet and wind walk. At least my sailing jacket is getting some use and I know it still works.

I don't know what to think about today's match so I'll just take it as it comes. Still got that bit of match day excitement and trepidation though.

I'm also looking forward to watching the French v Ireland game, but in a different way. The French have some exciting talent so could be a good game for the disinterested spectator.

#COYW

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2021, 10:38:27 AM »
Morning all,
I’m feeling a little flat after seeing that Jack is badly injured again so I’m not so excited about today’s game to be honest.
I reckon we should have a bit more time and space for our runners to play their natural game do some damage.
I’m really keen to see all 4 half backs take the opportunity to control the game and see us home.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2021, 10:59:27 AM »
Morning all. Cold and damp in the SW and our heating has failed...no call out until tomorrow - so fan on and blanket over knees....

Just hoping for a decent performance and perhaps winning one for Jack. Very down about his injury. Strong coffee required, lets hope we're focused to do the job.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2021, 11:18:08 AM »
Morning all.
Would not fancy the heating failing at any time of year, but right now is especially bad timing for you, Mike.
Here is is wet and damp, having had a dusting of snow yesterday.
Looking forward to today. I enjoyed the Wales Scotland match, though the red card seemed to be one where the TMO clearly said there was mitigation and obviously  thought it was yellow, and then missed an elbow to the face that should have been looked at.  Hopefully we don't get reds for our fame today.
I will also be taking what comes our way and hoping for Jack's recovery.