Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Thoughts about todays's game?  (Read 6183 times)

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts about todays's game?
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 11:10:53 AM »
I don't think our depth is an issue, and it's daft to suggest it is, there are very few positions in our squad where there's not serious competition from at least the 2nd in line, if not deeper.  We have a lot of injuries, and bad luck can happen.  The problem is, that it can create a vicious circle effect.  Compare that to the depth most other clubs have, and it's equal or better.

Our kicking from Simpson and Gopps, and our defence (this is more serious) were the issues.  Our attack also misfired, as everything looked 2 steps slower than when Cips is there, giving Exeter more time to blitz, but if the defence was better, this wouldn't have been so noticeable as we'd have had more time on the ball.

Blake or Dai, needs to get the players defending like they're supposed to, it's obvious that the information is there, but the players are either unsure, or unwilling, to go for it.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2017, 08:20:39 AM »
Anyone brought themselves to watch it again?

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2017, 09:00:08 AM »
No
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2017, 09:18:28 AM »
Me neither. I should, as the dispassionate eye can often be a lot more objective, but I really don't want to.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2017, 09:20:42 AM »
Thoughts without rewatching it, were that we were playing 2nd choice 9, 2nd choice 10, 4th choice 12, and 2nd choice 15, in a brand new backline combination.  Gaby or Eastmond would have helped with the aggression in defence I feel.

Defence coach needs to work out how to get people working harder though.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2017, 11:00:31 AM »
There wasn't a lot of confidence in the team at Sandy Park. There should have been one or two Serge Betsen style, not late but in fact just late, tackles during that 30+ phases. We let them play their game. And it cost us.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!