Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Match Thread  (Read 8129 times)

Eezamarlowman

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2021, 04:58:05 PM »
Vellacott !!! What the hell was that ?!
Awful game. Should have switched off long ago

ricohchezwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2021, 05:01:08 PM »
Wasps dreadful but CMK was a nightmare

Sting

« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2021, 05:06:18 PM »
The ref was not the reason we lost by so much to do few. We need look to our own performance and not make excuses.
We were 2nd best on the day. Lee and the lads will fix it.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2021, 05:11:19 PM »
I don't like to comment on individual players, but I expected a lot more from Vellacott.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2021, 05:12:15 PM »
Well that was awful. We just didn't look up for it from minute one. We were outpowered. Can't help but think Douglas and Le Bourgeois should have started. Endless penalties mean you just can't win. Teams have realised we're terrible under the high ball - can anyone give me a reason Minozzi starts over Miller? Miller is just far superior for me. Brookes totally brainless - again! That said we were losing with him on or off. We just didn't turn up. Thought Umaga looked ok and Vailanu had impact. Shields was superb - again. To be honest I always write our visit to Welford Rd off as we never do anything there.

Eezamarlowman

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2021, 05:14:30 PM »
For me, Lee looked embarrassed in his interview with Bayfield just then. A tough week coming up, rightly so after that display.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2021, 05:15:50 PM »
I don't like to comment on individual players, but I expected a lot more from Vellacott.

I actually think he was dreadfully slow. Not the player we signed at all.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2021, 05:19:46 PM »
Quite nice of BT to point to the large number of injuries we have!

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2021, 05:29:35 PM »
That was a dreadful performance. I can only say "it was just one of those games" so many times, but that one is on the players and coaches.

Nobody looked like they really cared at times. No plan B, punished under highball, out muscled by forwards etc. Just awful. First match I stopped watching this season.

I honestly don't know what it was, Leicester are also missing players and in the same long draining season we are in, why the complete difference in performances?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2021, 05:32:05 PM »
Forget all the long words - that was crap!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2021, 06:12:16 PM »
Anyone think there's anything in the fact that those who had real lethargic games - Rowlands, Brookes, Vellacott, Taylor are all probably off? The Brookes/Rowlands miss on Wiese spoke volumes.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2021, 06:29:09 PM »
Anyone think there's anything in the fact that those who had real lethargic games - Rowlands, Brookes, Vellacott, Taylor are all probably off? The Brookes/Rowlands miss on Wiese spoke volumes.

We actually said that about Rowlands and Vellacott.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2021, 06:40:13 PM »

We actually said that about Rowlands and Vellacott.

Rowlands, to be fair to him as someone with plenty of credit in the bank on past performances, probably more has an eye in a triple crown game next weekend rather than any future move. It's unfortunate he is put in that position and just confirms his need to move to Wales.

SilverShire

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2021, 06:55:56 PM »
3 things are needed to turn this game around: made a tackle (looking at you Brookes and Rowlands), make that tackle dominant, cut out the penalties.
If we can switch on and do those three things (which I think we can) then the second half will be very different. Time for the lads to nut up and make those hits (legally)

this aged well hahaha

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2021, 07:37:40 PM »
What is really frustrating about the game today was Wiese's red card, he had been a nightmare to play against until he was sent off. We then had a massive window of opportunity to get on top, instead we looked complacent and lethargic in everything we did. No game plan and then Brookes has a sanity bypass and levels the game back up, in terms of numbers. This was a most depressing game to watch, as Tigers aren't a team we should be worried about. Where Lee goes from here is a mystery as we will still be depleted in terms of international absences and injury.
It was fine when I left it.....