Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Match thread  (Read 10496 times)

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Match thread
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2021, 03:58:16 PM »
At that final tap the ref warned Glaws not to get hands in front of the line and that’s exactly what they did. 

Still, rather disappointing and I was starting to have flash backs to the real dark days of battling to avoid relegation. 

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2021, 03:59:12 PM »
Clueless, lacking cohesion, no incisiveness, being beaten in the physicality stakes. We are definitely in the cackey brown stuff if we fail to turn this around against 14 men.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2021, 03:59:39 PM »
Well that's probably the most brainless 40 I've seen from us. Penalty after penalty after penalty. Once again we're too far behind and will lose. Apart from anything else we don't look like scoring. Gopperth for Le Bourgeois at half time to try and stretch them and surely Vellacott for Porter. Just incredulous that we haven't learned the penalty lesson.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2021, 04:00:20 PM »
At that final tap the ref warned Glaws not to get hands in front of the line and that’s exactly what they did. 

Still, rather disappointing and I was starting to have flash backs to the real dark days of battling to avoid relegation.

Thankfully no relegation. However next Friday at Bristol is looking like a hair wash night.
Let me tell you something cucumber

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2021, 04:00:25 PM »
How many more matches do we play like this and nothing improves? Come on. I get we have injuries and it's a long season, but Gloucester have no right to play this well.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2021, 04:04:08 PM »
Have we ever scored from a 5 metre tap? Who's deciding to do that every time?

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2021, 04:04:44 PM »
Too much whistle. I don't wish to pan Matt Carley but several of his decisions, I couldn't fathom at all. Thorley's card was red by the letter of the law. Players must make more of an effort to tackle low. Even though Thorley came off worse, Rob was lucky that he didn't get injured as well.

Porter's box kicks are too long and not giving us the chance to put in a pressure chase.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

RobAWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2021, 04:05:43 PM »
Would like to think that they would spend some time brushing up on the Laws given the number of penalties ☹️

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2021, 04:05:48 PM »

I did see it work on a number of occasions during last season after the covid break. So perhaps the team put quite a bit of faith in it - whether it works or not

JF

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2021, 04:06:46 PM »
An indisciplined rabble.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2021, 04:10:37 PM »
Too much whistle. I don't wish to pan Matt Carley but several of his decisions, I couldn't fathom at all. Thorley's card was red by the letter of the law. Players must make more of an effort to tackle low. Even though Thorley came off worse, Rob was lucky that he didn't get injured as well.

Porter's box kicks are too long and not giving us the chance to put in a pressure chase.

Why are they even box kicking, tje games a lot easier to play when you’ve got 14 men if the oppo keep giving you the ball. They need to be running their pack around.

SilverShire

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2021, 04:10:48 PM »

I did see it work on a number of occasions during last season after the covid break. So perhaps the team put quite a bit of faith in it - whether it works or not

Pretty sure there was a stat on twitter that we have scored the most tap penalties

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2021, 04:11:53 PM »
I really enjoyed the tap penalty. Very nice variation on the normal 5m, and whilst we didn't score, we got over the line and were just the TMO away.

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2021, 04:12:40 PM »
Much better , more please

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2021, 04:13:32 PM »
Nice to see the tea cup throwing has worked.
Come on.