Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Rumours thread (not necessarily Wasps specific).  (Read 20621 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Rumours thread (not necessarily Wasps specific).
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2017, 11:58:10 AM »
If he does sign, I would like to think he can become a role model for Muslim youth in the West Midlands. They are so excluded from the professional world of some sports, not least because they see no route for them. In those sports where they see role models, they strive to achieve and show the world what they can be. Whatever their gender, race or religion, I would wish that they could experience the joy and fun that Rugby Union brought to me as a young person, and has stayed with me for many decades, be it as a player or spectator.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2017, 03:48:26 PM »
Couldn't agree more NWW.

It'd be great to have a role model for the Muslim community. For some reason young Muslim guys never seem to get into rugby. I've met plenty in MMA and wrestling who would have been great if they'd played, but for whatever reason it never happened.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2017, 08:35:26 AM »
Well since it is nearly Christmas, here is my rumour;

Nelly has a twin brother that he didn't know about and they both support Wasps.

Joking aside I suspect my rumour has been generated the same way as many we read in the papers!

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2017, 10:12:11 AM »
Well since it is nearly Christmas, here is my rumour;

Nelly has a twin brother that he didn't know about and they both support Wasps.

Joking aside I suspect my rumour has been generated the same way as many we read in the papers!

;D ;D ;D

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2017, 10:38:23 AM »
Appearing on Rugby Inside Line as we speak and Telegraph tomorrow - Fissler stating it is fake news!
Let me tell you something cucumber

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2017, 03:20:42 PM »
This thread seemed to start after Goodey's hint at a world class 10 arriving from France. One who fit that bill and was out of contract and I wouldn't have minded Wasps signing was Freddie Michalak. Well, he's just announced his retirement so that's a no-go. I didn't think he was quite so old! Impressive career - France's leading points scorer, 3 grand slams with France and a Heineken Cup runners up medal in 2004...

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2017, 08:59:40 PM »
Goodey seemed to be suggesting russell, who's now confirmed to racing i believe.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2017, 10:36:06 AM »
I guess a lot of it depends on what is happening with Danny and Jimmy next season.  Time will tell...

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2018, 03:02:54 PM »
Though we are rumored to be interested in Sarto as a possible replacement for Josh, should he decide to leave. I have a rumbling in my gut that we might be one of the clubs keen on Alex Lewington whose contract is up this season and is wasted at Irish. It is said that Sarries are after him to replace Chris Wyles. We shall see.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2018, 03:22:38 PM »
The way Sarries fans are talking it is a done deal. Time will tell though.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2018, 05:31:28 PM »
FWIW: Alex Lewington follows a lot of people on Twitter - rugby orientated is LI players then predominately Wasps; he follows: Nathan Hughes, Tommy Taylor, Jake Cooper-Wooley, Dan Robson, Tom Cruze, Matt Symons, Elliot Daly, Guy Armitage, Sam Jones and Danny Cipriani. Does this mean anything at all? Almost certainly not, more a comment on me than Lewington. I've filled approx 30 minutes of an extremely boring New Years Day. Here's to 2018 - gotta get better:)
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2018, 07:47:34 AM »
Rugby Rampage on Facebook claiming Lima Sopoaga has signed for us.

https://www.facebook.com/RugbyRampage/posts/1620800048011845

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2018, 08:52:25 AM »
So the question becomes Danny or Jimmy? On very recent form Danny has been kicking well and out kicked (from tee) the England fly half last week, best scenario in my mind is Jimmy to become a coach. Coached 7's and coaching in his spare time, he is towards a retirement age and said last season that he had never taken so much contact.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2018, 09:28:20 AM »
It seems likely that the main Marquee will be Lima, with Joe Launchbury likely the second. Both rumoured on £500k/year.

That means Cips is unlikely to be offered more than £300k, and my guess he was offered less than that. The French have an odd tax system that actually encourages incoming sports stars, giving the effect of bumping up the first year salary. At least, I think that is so. A French acquaintance of mine in Toulon says that he could easily net an income 3 times what Wasps have probably offered him. I suspect that soon after Wasps make the official announcement, Cips' future will also be revealed.

Then we would have Sopoaga (the Os are flat and there is an N sound before the G I believe), so Sop as in flop then oaga prounced as owanga, as our #1 10, with Gopps as the #2 and then an academy player (Eastgate or Umaga) as #3. Then Eastmond and Juan de Jongh in the centre, Wade and Daly on the wings (yes, I too think Bassett is off to Saints).

But what about WLR? Will he stay? If so, he may be on less money and not a marquee. Otherwise, we need another FB with Miller at #1 FB. Maybe James would step up to #2 FB?

We already have Shields coming. I suspect (hope) that Carr will come back, and I expect Haskell to be off. We are OK in the second row. I am not sure if we need any front row players, as Academy players come through. Indeed, there are some interesting players who have turned out for our A team recently who might formally come on board.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2018, 03:42:05 PM »
Banahan signs for Gloucester.
I didn't see that coming.

Nelly, don't we still need a replacement for Marty Moore?