Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Match Thread  (Read 3386 times)

BrackenandMacken

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2021, 02:26:49 PM »
The bench, some of who were big money signings at the end of the DY era, have offered absolutely nothing.

Given that the season is over players that are leaving but adding nothing (Lima, Vellacott) shouldn't be seen again. There are other players at the club who will offer more and will be around next year and can help us build something next year.

I feel for Blackett, he needs another year to clear out some very expensive dead wood and build a squad, rather than a first 15, that can challenge the best.

Very true... and I’m sorry I don’t want to detract from this Exeter team who are excellent but surely, surely.. Exeter must be getting close to being over the salary cap.

They have 3 lions, 10 other internationals at least plus a fair few others who will be looking  for bigger contracts...

I just don’t understand how we can’t afford anyone it seems but Exeter are able to retain this many senior players of international quality.

We are a bad squad to compare against, some of our biggest earners are benchwarmers at best (ZZ, Lima, JTA) or are just regularly injured (Willis, Barbeary, Mills).

You compare Exeter against some squads that retain fitness and have been put together vaguely sensibly (Bath, Bristol) it's not surprising. Can't let Sarries shenanigans taint the view of every other successful club.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2021, 02:27:28 PM »
Who was taken off injured at the end?
Let me tell you something cucumber

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2021, 02:28:30 PM »
Who was taken off injured at the end?

Rowlands

petros

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2021, 02:28:38 PM »
Rowlands

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2021, 02:30:23 PM »
Thanks

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2021, 02:51:58 PM »
In amongst everything I just want to put a word in for Ben Morris, put in a great shift against some heavyweight international class opponents, does himself and his championship roots proud every time he is called on.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2021, 02:54:55 PM »
In amongst everything I just want to put a word in for Ben Morris, put in a great shift against some heavyweight international class opponents, does himself and his championship roots proud every time he is called on.

+1

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2021, 02:56:33 PM »
+2.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2021, 03:17:23 PM »
I have to agree that some of the signings are not vfm and we are over reliant on Joe and Dan.

For me there were good performances by Joe, Odogwu, Rowlands, Bassett and Shields. Our first half scrum looked good with Brooks making a difference. Morris never lets us down. Jacob looked good moving forward.

Once our replacements were introduced we never looked like we would get back into the game. Apart from Oghre and Harris our replacements were poor.

Disappointing end.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2021, 03:27:35 PM »
Tomorrow's friendly takes on a considerable amount of importance moving forward.