Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Match Thread  (Read 3582 times)

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2021, 12:58:03 PM »
How was that intercepted pass not looked at. Josh was the last player.

Agreed, should have been a yellow and penalty try

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2021, 01:16:59 PM »
Done well to finish the 1st half strongly

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2021, 01:25:03 PM »
Playing with a smile and some grit & determination - looking like a team again and showing the benefit of selecting a more settled side perhaps and a v decent starting pack

It's the hope that gets you!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2021, 01:26:43 PM »
Could have been further ahead. Just need to be a bit more clinical. Just need the small breaks to go our way (Umaga juggle etc). We're certainly playing a lot better. Their first try was a deliberate and obvious obstruction and the Cordero flap was a yellow and penalty try all day. Hope Fekitoa re-appears. Looked to have hurt a hand.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2021, 01:30:00 PM »
Jacob goes for broke, misses touch, gets gathered by Hogg, who has all the time in the world and gets charged down by Bassett who goes on to score. Sounds like a Wasps sort of error ;D
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2021, 01:44:55 PM »
Great two minutes!
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2021, 01:45:58 PM »
2nd intercept try. Line out wobbling. Naivety in the extreme. Defending well and then just immediately undoing it all. We need to learn how to manage games.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2021, 01:46:26 PM »
Why take Rob off?

hopwood

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2021, 02:02:29 PM »
Why take Rob off?

Because he doesn’t offer enough across the park?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2021, 02:08:15 PM »
It is sad when even LoL is laughing at Wasps.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2021, 02:13:38 PM »
All falling apart a bit. Far too many mistakes and in between some good defence some real brainless stuff.

BrackenandMacken

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2021, 02:16:24 PM »
The bench, some of who were big money signings at the end of the DY era, have offered absolutely nothing.

Given that the season is over players that are leaving but adding nothing (Lima, Vellacott) shouldn't be seen again. There are other players at the club who will offer more and will be around next year and can help us build something next year.

I feel for Blackett, he needs another year to clear out some very expensive dead wood and build a squad, rather than a first 15, that can challenge the best.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2021, 02:18:59 PM »
Second half summary: We played like we had two braincells between us and both of them were battling for 76th place.

will311293

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2021, 02:20:58 PM »
The bench, some of who were big money signings at the end of the DY era, have offered absolutely nothing.

Given that the season is over players that are leaving but adding nothing (Lima, Vellacott) shouldn't be seen again. There are other players at the club who will offer more and will be around next year and can help us build something next year.

I feel for Blackett, he needs another year to clear out some very expensive dead wood and build a squad, rather than a first 15, that can challenge the best.

Very true... and I’m sorry I don’t want to detract from this Exeter team who are excellent but surely, surely.. Exeter must be getting close to being over the salary cap.

They have 3 lions, 10 other internationals at least plus a fair few others who will be looking  for bigger contracts...

I just don’t understand how we can’t afford anyone it seems but Exeter are able to retain this many senior players of international quality.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2021, 02:26:11 PM »
We did some good things today - but without exception undid it every time with errors. Our first up 15 looks fine but the drop off is too big when we move into the bigger squad. I certainly think we can win games with our attacking play and the commitment in defence. But we've just got to find a way to cut stupid mistakes out. Virtually everyone made them apart from the outstanding Launchbury, Shields and West. At the moment we're a bit naive, a bit loose and a bit anarchy. Six games to go. Nothing against them but options permitting I'd like to see some youth in the squad over Sopoaga, Rowlands, Taylor etc. I'll take the losses for the investment in next season.