Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Anyone want to give the Nots some dosh?  (Read 2596 times)

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone want to give the Nots some dosh?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 02:06:45 PM »
Managed to get 4 tickets

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 02:09:30 PM »
Booked 2 tickets

Nrgee

• Season ticket since 2016-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 04:52:31 PM »
Just got two tickets for the wife and I. Was hoping to wear the supporter shirt at the Worcester game as we cannot make the Leicester game, Have to wear it to this game instead. COYW

MarleyWasp

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 06:09:47 PM »
Me and some friends have got tickets. Never thought I'd be so emotional and ecstatic to have tickets to London Irish away!

MartinB - Radnage Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2021, 09:38:59 PM »
Woohoo!! Four tickets booked.....can't wait!! COYW ;D

HCWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2021, 09:08:16 AM »
Can’t wait! Two attacking teams, great new stadium and beers by the river in Strand on the Green!

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2021, 09:09:44 AM »
A nice easy journey down the M4 for us so have booked tickets.  A little surprised it hasn't sold out yet, only 4000 tickets.  You'd think with Irish playing well, a reasonably star-studded team and a good deal of Wasps fans of old within an hour of the stadium that they'd have sold out in a day. 

Interestingly, one of the newspapers spoke the other day about the risk of people having gotten used to watching games on the TV impacting match-day visitors.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 01:41:57 PM by InBetweenWasp »

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2021, 10:38:24 AM »
Yes I was surprised too, considering this was a general offer after season ticket holders and then a further offer to (guessing) others registering interest/ members, previous ticket purchasers.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2021, 11:31:03 AM »
Doesn't bode well for Irish's move to Brentford.  I would have though they'd have been inundated with live rugby unavailable for so long and the added interest of a new ground to check out.  They might need to look at their prices.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2021, 12:46:53 PM »
A nice easy journey down the M4 for us so have booked tickets.  A little surprised it hasn't sold out yet, only 4000 tickets.  You'd think with Irish playing well, a reasonably start-studded team and a good deal of Wasps fans of old within an hour of the stadium that they'd have sold out in a day. 

Interestingly, one of the newspapers spoke the other day about the risk of people having gotten used to watching games on the TV impacting match-day visitors.
That was discussed on The Ruck podcast so might have been The Times. They were praising BT's coverage and saying that a lot more has to be done to make people want to come to games and suggestions included better large screens, free ref link and two conferences to provide more meaningful games.

I suppose once BT stop showing all games live there'll be more of an incentive to go, or less of a disincentive.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2021, 01:49:31 PM »
I'm sure crowds will be back in stadiums regardless of TV coverage although I do think we might see a trickle back of fans over the next 1-2 years.  TV coverage vs in-stadium is Apples and Pears and whilst both are entertaining the atmosphere of being at a game, seeing people of old and enjoying a few cold ones during the game. 

I'm not sure ref-link or bigger screens is really a 'pull' for stadia.  If you want the best viewing and real-time analysis or insight, then you'd stick to BT Sport coverage save some cash as by the time we've bundled 6 of us up to Coventry, paid for season tickets, parking, beers, food etc... it'd be a fraction of a cost to watch on BT Sport, or VPN into ESPN/RugbyPass or whatever streaming service is showing the coverage being filmed for the highlights and official replays.

Speaking with friends, family and clients there's a real mixed bag to be out as 'mass-spectator events at the moment and I think the general public are perhaps more wary than the confidence in gyms, restaurants etc being open suggests.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2021, 02:35:42 PM »
I have to admit that I think it will take some considerable time for meaningful crowds to get back especially in rugby.

I asked myself the other day if I would renew now (having renewed for the season and a half) and I couldn't answer myself in a positive vein. You adapt your life to other things. Yes I will go next season as I have paid but I might pick my matches - we will see.

I can't help feeling we are going to be hit by another very deadly wave of this virus (India reporting today that there is a version faster and more deadly spreading) and another year of no crowds would certainly do me in.

Not convinced Irish will go ahead plus have no desire to cross the London Cesspit.
Let me tell you something cucumber

bournender2

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2021, 02:58:41 PM »
A group of 8 (6+2) going from AP area. Seats aren't well located (got booking in about 1015 today) but happy to see some live stuff.
Last live game before Lockdown for me - 01/03/20 was down at the Majedski when happily we pulled back to get the result

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2021, 03:14:34 PM »
When, at Adams Park, Wasps gave away a reflink as part of the ST package, my wife found it a revelation. So did I as she stopped asking me why a penalty had been given and heard the ref say why :)

I still use the old Adams Park reflink (complete with London Wasps branding), or at least I did - don't know if it has survived the layoff, and feel it adds a lot for newbies (or even the "know-alls")

Can see the point aboutthe "conferences", add to season long competition, especially with lack of relegation, but would miss some of the inter-club rivalries.

Think Wprld Rugby could help by removing some unnecessary penalties (e.g. use a dominant scrum to milk penalties - change many scrum offences to free kick

Also reward attacking rugby more e.g. by an extra bonus point for every extra 2 tries (4 tries one bonus point, 6 tries 2 bonus points)