Always a Wasp

Author Topic: The human side of Rugby  (Read 1106 times)

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
The human side of Rugby
« on: May 09, 2021, 10:57:39 AM »
If you haven’t seen Kyle Sinkler’s post-match interview from yesterday then it’s well worth a watch.  It’s a lovely reminder that whilst we love a rugby villain and are quick to criticise actions on the pitch (especially by some) by and large these guys are all very human and down to earth.

For an absolutely wind-up merchant on the pitch, Sinks has shown himself to be a big softy really.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: The human side of Rugby
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 02:25:13 PM »
I cannot understand why he feels he has the right to be selected for the Lions. It is a selection issue, and he is saying that those selected above him do not deserve it.
And Lam backing him up should know better.

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 02:55:27 PM »
I cannot understand why he feels he has the right to be selected for the Lions. It is a selection issue, and he is saying that those selected above him do not deserve it.
And Lam backing him up should know better.

I don’t think he feels it’s a “right”. He’s clearly very passionate about it (like other players) and for many pundits he was a shoo-in. We are all humans after all and sometimes it’s easy to be belief (not expect) something will happen only to be disappointed. Love him or hate him as a player, yesterday’s interview showed a person speaking from the heart.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 03:05:19 PM »
Whilst he got MoM yesterday, he also got told to stop shouting for offsides by the ref, and he recently had his ban for swearing at a ref, so he still has his issues with temperament.
I have to agree with Bacdoc to a point as, whilst passionate, he has no right to go than any other prop, Gatland decided he wasn't the player he wanted in the squad so didn't pick him.
Lots of posts and comments around today saying he should be going, as if a passionate speech makes a difference, but go instead of who, every other TH picked deserves to be there.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2021, 04:08:37 PM »
I think Gatland has the prop selection correct. No doubt Sinckler is disappointed but I don't understand the clamour to get him on the tour due to what he said - I don't think he'd expect that either.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2021, 04:15:23 PM »
I think Gatland has the prop selection correct. No doubt Sinckler is disappointed but I don't understand the clamour to get him on the tour due to what he said - I don't think he'd expect that either.

Tend to agree
Let me tell you something cucumber