Always a Wasp

Author Topic: O/T - Quins vs Sarries yesterday - Women's XV Final  (Read 644 times)

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
O/T - Quins vs Sarries yesterday - Women's XV Final
« on: May 31, 2021, 01:59:59 PM »
Just to say I enjoyed the game  - good quality play and, for me, the right result. I know few if any of us have much positive to say about Sarries as a club, but I was v pleased Quins won as Sarries appeared to be a most unpleasant team. Both in their interactions with the ref and the verbals aimed at Quins players.

I know banter has always been part of the game - but Sarries seemed to go out of their way and seemed when giving team "gee ups" to be manic.....And the ref on more than one occasion warned their Capt, who seemed to be leading the vocals at both ref and Quins. The commentary team seemed to think this wasn't the first time she'd been in the face of the ref...

I was increasingly pleased with the results as the Sarries team seemed to go out of their way to somehow "prove" they were "The Team" and that only they ought to win. Seems like a club thing...if I was being uncharitable.......

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: O/T - Quins vs Sarries yesterday - Women's XV Final
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 02:24:05 PM »
Just to say I enjoyed the game  - good quality play and, for me, the right result. I know few if any of us have much positive to say about Sarries as a club, but I was v pleased Quins won as Sarries appeared to be a most unpleasant team. Both in their interactions with the ref and the verbals aimed at Quins players.

I know banter has always been part of the game - but Sarries seemed to go out of their way and seemed when giving team "gee ups" to be manic.....And the ref on more than one occasion warned their Capt, who seemed to be leading the vocals at both ref and Quins. The commentary team seemed to think this wasn't the first time she'd been in the face of the ref...

I was increasingly pleased with the results as the Sarries team seemed to go out of their way to somehow "prove" they were "The Team" and that only they ought to win. Seems like a club thing...if I was being uncharitable.......

Totally agree. Great game, great result, good referee and typical in your face EAs (just nasty screwed up faces).
Let me tell you something cucumber

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 02:29:56 PM »
Yes , watched most of it and thought it was a good game, IMO women’s game just as good as men’s  these days.

Re the warnings , interesting that the ref went to the deputy captain? Of Saracens to ask her to have a word with her captain as well .

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 03:15:15 PM »
It seemed a policy to pressure the ref.....The Deputy Capt....If it had got that far, I'd have been reaching for a card!

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2021, 03:19:10 PM »
My thoughts at the time.