Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Parking  (Read 633 times)

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
Parking
« on: June 13, 2021, 11:03:04 AM »
It was great to be back yesterday, in fact I liked the extra room we had.

However talked to various people, some I previously knew and some I met for first time, and the only complaint everyone had was about parking.

Several people, hadn't brought a copy of the confirmation email, and because the VRN entrance system wasn't working it took ages to let them in, I had to pull to one side and dig through my emails on my phone. It was lucky I hadn't deleted the Ricoh confirmation, although I knew I had deleted thr Glade confirmation. I have checked the emails this morning and neither the Ricoh or Glade one mentions you should bring a copy of the confirmation. One person had only been allowed in when he threatened he would bring a civil action against the Ricoh and Glade for taking his money and then refusing admittance, however I hadn't any form of proof, but they took my word so maybe he was just a bit beligerant.

Second complaint was that almost everyone had donated half a seasons car park and match season ticket values to the Club, and had bought a STplus assuming there might be uo to 4 matches this season, so surely the Club could have allowed the car park feen for those people to be free. COuldn't really disagree with that!

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Parking
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 11:57:02 AM »
The Glide system rarely works, or is switched on.  More often than not, they used to have a checklist at the barrier.

It’s a bit daft.  Mind you, Wasps aren’t alone in this. 

Last week at Irish the guy at Chiswick Business Park said our number plate hadn’t been recognised by the system, I showed our booking confirmation email but the confirmation doesn’t confirm which Reg number was entered at the time of booking.   So I asked the guys to check what reg number was against the booking ref.  “dunno mate, we don’t have access to check that” despite their initial protest, common sense prevailed after a bit of back and forth and I was allowed to park in the less than 50% full car park.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Parking
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 12:05:47 PM »
It was great to be back yesterday, in fact I liked the extra room we had.

However talked to various people, some I previously knew and some I met for first time, and the only complaint everyone had was about parking.

Several people, hadn't brought a copy of the confirmation email, and because the VRN entrance system wasn't working it took ages to let them in, I had to pull to one side and dig through my emails on my phone. It was lucky I hadn't deleted the Ricoh confirmation, although I knew I had deleted thr Glade confirmation. I have checked the emails this morning and neither the Ricoh or Glade one mentions you should bring a copy of the confirmation. One person had only been allowed in when he threatened he would bring a civil action against the Ricoh and Glade for taking his money and then refusing admittance, however I hadn't any form of proof, but they took my word so maybe he was just a bit beligerant.

Second complaint was that almost everyone had donated half a seasons car park and match season ticket values to the Club, and had bought a STplus assuming there might be uo to 4 matches this season, so surely the Club could have allowed the car park feen for those people to be free. COuldn't really disagree with that!

The club have already said -
On the STs there will be some agreed advantage for those STHs promised attendance of 4 matches. Vaughan indicated in an interview that it still had to be agreed and circulated. This we await.

On parking the message on yesterday's parking was that it wasn't possible to arrange a credit for such a quickly arranged one off so the credit is in abeyance until next season is fully known.
Let me tell you something cucumber