Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All!  (Read 2905 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Morning All!
« on: December 17, 2017, 08:28:57 AM »
Good Morning from a cold and frosty Hampshire.

I am a lot more positive about this game.  La Rochelle were simply brilliant last week, but I think a few of our missing players coming back and the home advantage might be enough to swing it for us.  When they emptied their bench last week we started to get the initiative back, and our team is stronger this week, and our bench looks great.

Either way I'll be doing my very best to watch it around putting up the rest of the Christmas decs (tree already up).
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 08:32:29 AM »
JCW off the bench should be useful.  I wonder if Dai will leave one of Eastmond or Gaby on the bench depending on how the game is going, in case of injury.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 08:35:23 AM »
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if he has a specific plan, or just covering with the players who are doing the best.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 08:50:29 AM »
Eastmond would definitely be a player to bring on and score a ton of tries from.  Hope we get to see him with plenty of time.

I suspect Dai may be willing to take Gopperth off for him too, we'll be chasing tries, and not worrying so much about 2/3 pointers.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 09:03:25 AM »
I think you might be right.  If we are going all out to score as many as we can then it explains having Gaby instead of Miller.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 09:03:56 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours.

Just off for my dog walk and coffee in what seems to be an overcast but dry day. A big ask of the team today, but I don't think it is overconfident to think and hope that we can win if everything clicks (or sticks!).

I am able to log into the other board, but cannot post a message or pm anymore, I get a message saying that I have been banned, hopefully just a glitch, have reported it but perhaps as suggested it is time for a tweek to my name if allowed!

Harry the wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 09:35:13 AM »
Morning VV et al,

It's grey and overcast here in the Midlands. A wet greasy ball is going to be a big factor today me thinks.

Been looking forward to this all week apart from the fact that Dr Wasp wants to go to the club shop. The horror, the horror...
Only supporting teams beginning with a W.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 10:33:52 AM »
Good morning all from an icy Hastings. I believe that we will get 5 points from this one but I expect it to be close and La Roch could leave with at least 1 point and possibly 2.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!