Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning!  (Read 5646 times)

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning!
« on: January 07, 2018, 08:20:07 AM »
Here we go!  Get the feeling it's not going to be a happy afternoon, but as long as it's not Saintsesque I'll be only disappointed rather than feeling sick!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Morning!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 08:59:33 AM »
Good morning!

Microdaughter and I have our brand new Wasps shirts ready, and our flag packed for the long journey up north. We're going to set off in about an hour, grab some lunch along the way and hopefully get there nice and early to have a bit of time in the fan village.

I too am less optimistic than of late, but I truly believe we can win this. Either way were going to have a good day there.

If anyone sees us say hello!
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

PhilTheWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 09:08:30 AM »
Morning,
First time poster.
I've got a family birthday lunch at 1230 today but hoping il be OK to watch the game on telly.
I'm really worried about today. And actually think we're playing for a home semi spot. If we lose today, I can't see us catching them - so we'd need to win away to make the final. I think it's a big a game as that.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 09:10:53 AM »
Morning all.

My dad, brother, daughter and I will be there up in East 20, row AA as usual. Best journeys to you all. Hope we can do it.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 09:19:40 AM »
Morning phil!

Not sure if the home semi is gone if we lose this, though it could be tougher.  Still a lot of games to play though, so it could go any way.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 09:24:31 AM »
Morning. Although with Glaws losing yesterday today's game is not crucial to finishing in the top four, it is important as Phil says it we have ambitions of a home semi.

Hopefully the returning Sarries stars are a little rusty and don't have big impacts and with that in mind I'm predicting a narrow win for the men in Black and Gold.

COYW

Harry the wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 09:37:42 AM »
Morning. Travelling in hope rather than expectation as Sarries seem to have their season back on track. Also doing dry January so I can't celebrate/drown my sorrows (delete as applicable) in my usual manner afterwards. Have a good day everyone and safe journeys.

COYWs!
Only supporting teams beginning with a W.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 10:48:50 AM »
Launch out, Rowlands in.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 11:13:23 AM »
Also travelling in hope. Can't see a win in this one unfortunately but hope is they get bogged down in our shit pitch! Be a bit of a surprise after their plastic wonder. Beautiful day as we drive through Essex.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 11:50:08 AM »
Welcome Phil, morning all and best wishes to you and yours.

Tough game on paper, but so was Bath. I love the way we have been playing and it seems to get better each week. If our guys can get a bit of ball, keep their head and have confidence to take on the rush defenders they can do it.

Each week I have thought there was one injury too many, so I have stopped doubting the squad now. They are great players, I have no doubt that they will give their all.

Here's to a great game, may the best team win, but you know, Come On You Wasps!

Safe travels,
Not so
(Still exiled from the other forum, not all bad, getting some work done now!)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 03:48:00 PM »
Half time and the game looked like it was all sewn up until the first yellow. Two tries and a second yellow for Sarries later and we're right back in it.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2018, 08:42:50 PM »
Well my prediction was a mile off. Good weekend for Sarries with the other top four teams all losing.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2018, 11:25:06 PM »
What a difference to the loses earlier in the season, just lots of heart passion, and good moves that just didn't quite come off. I thought the new/young guys really took their chances today and will grow from the experience, lots of really hard carries into contact and taking on the Sarries players.

The game was slightly spoiled by few older guys near us that have been really shouting at the ref recently, they clearly think they know better than the most experienced ref in the country and have started competing with each other to make the best/worst put down, it's horrible. Someone went up to them at the end and said "Thanks for all the moaning, really enjoyed that". Wish I had said something as well. I almost want to write to Wayne Barnes and appologise for not saying something to them. The worst thing is my kids saying, "well they are doing it", I could do without those sorts of role models. I get the odd outburst, but the whole game is a bit excessive.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2018, 07:07:32 AM »
The one thing that got me with Barnes was when I really felt that Armitage should have won us a penalty when the Sarries player was playing the ball on the ground.  But the rest all seemed fair enough, and one thing isn't that big a deal across 80, especially when he didn't give a pen advantage at the scrum later in the game.

As saddened by the loss as I am, I felt we were inches away a few times from scoring more, and considering we were playing our 7th choice centre and  a fullback in the centres (anyone know what's with Macken??), I felt we actually looked OK, especially when you add the discrepancy in the packs.

How's drunken Wasps doing? I've not ventured on there since kickoff.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2018, 09:10:40 AM »
The one thing that got me with Barnes was when I really felt that Armitage should have won us a penalty when the Sarries player was playing the ball on the ground.  But the rest all seemed fair enough, and one thing isn't that big a deal across 80, especially when he didn't give a pen advantage at the scrum later in the game.

As saddened by the loss as I am, I felt we were inches away a few times from scoring more, and considering we were playing our 7th choice centre and  a fullback in the centres (anyone know what's with Macken??), I felt we actually looked OK, especially when you add the discrepancy in the packs.

How's drunken Wasps doing? I've not ventured on there since kickoff.

I couldn't understand how he could literally pick a player up from the ground repeatedly trying to rip the ball from him and not get a penalty, but some you win some you lose I guess.

DW is pretty much as you'd expect, a few people looking at the positives, as many  talking about how our entire approach to rugby is fatally flawed.  Facebook is worse, we need a whole new coaching set up apparently.