Always a Wasp

Author Topic: ex vs lei  (Read 2003 times)

wycombewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
ex vs lei
« on: September 18, 2021, 04:19:07 PM »
just watching the game, what a boring arrogant team EX are, how many kicks at goal have they turned down  to do their boring bash bash, I hope LEI win this game and I don't say that very often, well never actually. Looking forward to watching Cipps. play for barf.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 10:48:53 AM by wycombewasp »

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: ex vs lei
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2021, 04:55:23 PM »
Tigers going to be very powerful this season especially once Argentinians and South Africans return

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2021, 04:55:41 PM »
I'll tell you what, Leicester look like they need to be taken seriously this year. I'm intimidated.

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2021, 05:17:19 PM »
“Looking forward to watching Cipps. play for Bris.“

Have we missed something?
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2021, 05:19:44 PM »
Tigers are 11/2 to reach the playoffs. Probably the softest odds available for the Premiership this week. Saracens were 15/8 yesterday.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2021, 05:35:46 PM »
just watching the game, what a boring arrogant team EX are, how many kicks at goal have they turned down  to do their boring bash bash.

Well, Baxter did say they were going back to basics................
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2021, 06:47:40 PM »
just watching the game, what a boring arrogant team EX are, how many kicks at goal have they turned down  to do their boring bash bash, I hope LEI win this game and I don't say that very often, well never actually. Looking forward to watching Cipps. play for Bris.
To be fair, Ex were always chasing the game so needed the bigger points..I thought they played alright, just rusty.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2021, 07:08:55 PM »
Tigers were impressive.

Exeter were disappointing.

Also, the lack of a key sponsor on their kit was very obvious, although they have never really had a real title sponsor other than Tony Rowe's company. Weirdly Andy Goode made a comment about it on twitter and then deleted it.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2021, 11:29:16 PM »
I've heard they were pursuing Red Bull as a sponsor for this season. It's not going well though. Personally I think they share more core values with Rich Energy compared to Red Bull.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2021, 01:39:47 PM »
I've heard they were pursuing Red Bull as a sponsor for this season. It's not going well though. Personally I think they share more core values with Rich Energy compared to Red Bull.
Nowell has has personal Red Bull sponsorship for a few years and I noticed their water bottle holders were all Red Bull branded, yesterday but can't see red bull sponsoring them as a title sponsor with the branding controversy.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2021, 03:44:01 PM »
Red Bull would be a good fit.  Keep the punters awake.

Quins finally turned the tide last season by winning the title in some style after Wasps had run Exeter close twice doing similar in recent years.  Baxter's reaction to go back to basics, ie losing in the final is evidence that they weren't being conservative enough to negate teams that try to chuck it about a bit, rather than trying to beat them at their own game.

Will be interesting to see if more teams adopt a more adventurous approach this season now that it has been demonstrated that trophies can be won with ball in hand. 

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2021, 07:29:54 PM »
I think lack of relegation should hopefully encourage teams like Quins and Wasps to seek to be more adventurous rather than try to out-muscle the likes of Saracens, Sale and Chiefs.  We could, potentially, add Tigers and Bears to that list although Bears don't seem to be the physically dominant team that we perhaps expect them to be.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2021, 09:10:53 PM »
I think lack of relegation should hopefully encourage teams like Quins and Wasps to seek to be more adventurous rather than try to out-muscle the likes of Saracens, Sale and Chiefs.  We could, potentially, add Tigers and Bears to that list although Bears don't seem to be the physically dominant team that we perhaps expect them to be.

Tigers definitely more muscle than magic, Bristol more magic than muscle. Though I do wonder how Bristol will cope with the spanking they got from Quins and now Sarries.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2021, 09:59:19 PM »
Hopefully Bristol will try and outmuscle us.
I think we may surprise them if that is the case.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2021, 10:50:47 PM »
Anyone know if Radrada is back?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!