Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TRP - not from me today.  (Read 1206 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
TRP - not from me today.
« on: September 19, 2021, 08:35:06 AM »
Unfortunately I can't read my copy today as am currently by the pool in 30 degrees and rising heat in Crete. Can see my copy on the doormat via cctv but not in any detail.
Let me tell you something cucumber

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: TRP - not from me today.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 08:41:56 AM »
I’m disappointed in you Neils.  I don’t recall the board agreeing to this!  ;D

Have promised one of our littles ones I will try and help pace her to beat her Junior Park Run PB.

If there isn’t a summary of Wasps related interest from TRP by the time I’ve caught my breathe back then I’ll pick up the slack.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2021, 08:54:51 AM »
I’m disappointed in you Neils.  I don’t recall the board agreeing to this!  ;D

Have promised one of our littles ones I will try and help pace her to beat her Junior Park Run PB.

If there isn’t a summary of Wasps related interest from TRP by the time I’ve caught my breathe back then I’ll pick up the slack.

😀😀😀

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2021, 08:57:37 AM »
Smart move to get Bobby Bridge to stand in for you and write about TRP’s rumour of Thomas Young’s move to Cardiff. 

Marlow Nick

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2021, 09:44:46 AM »
I only spotted 3 Wasps references

Speculation that YY will leave
A nothing interview with Josh who says they're keen for the season to start
A match report on the Wasps women's win

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2021, 09:46:41 AM »
Smart move to get Bobby Bridge to stand in for you and write about TRP’s rumour of Thomas Young’s move to Cardiff.

Took some doing after all his Tigers write ups!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2021, 12:53:20 PM »
There's a nice bit from Ali Crosdsale  on  page 33,   headed 'Thrashing by Wasps  gave Ali incentive to leave Saracens'.  Step forward one  of you tecky guys please!                                                                                             

Marlow Nick

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2021, 02:55:52 PM »
Thrashing by Wasps gave Ali incentive to leave Saracens
The Rugby PaperBOBBY BRIDGE

ALI Crossdale’s chastening Premiership debut for Saracens 18 months ago at the hands of Wasps tipped the balance in him switching clubs this summer.

The Halifax native was named in a weakened squad by Mark McCall in February 2020 to tackle a Wasps side reeling from the shock departure of long-serving director of rugby Dai Young.

While Crossdale marked his milestone match with one of his side’s two tries in the Friday night Ricoh Arena fixture, he was powerless to stop the hosts from running in eight tries as Lee Blackett marked his first match as interim head coach with a stunning 6010 victory.

“It was my first start and I don’t have the fondest memories,” said the 23-year-old. “We played against such an exciting brand of rugby, and I am not sure we really knew how to deal with it.

“It was one of those days that everything came off for them and nothing came off for Saracens.

“When Wasps came in for me that was really something that did intrigue me and got me excited to be involved in something that I like to think is suited to my style a lot more.”

Crossdale’s two Premiership starts for Saracens came on the left and right wings but he carries a desire to establish himself as a full-back.

Wasps ended last season with teenage fly-half

Charlie Atkinson in the backfield as Lima Sopoaga was frozen out ahead of his move to Lyon.

Blackett has the versatile talents of Rob Miller, Matteo Minozzi and Marcus Watson to call upon as full-back options, but it is Crossdale who started at 15 in the 52-21 victory against Coventry last weekend and again in today’s friendly clash with the Dragons at the newly-renamed Coventry Building Society Arena.

Crossdale was in the final year of his Saracens’ contract when Wasps came calling.

“When Wasps got in touch I was taken aback,” he said. “I met up with Lee, it was just incredible. There was a couple of other clubs interested but the one I wanted to pursue was Wasps, that was the main one.

“One of the big things for me was the option to play full-back. I love getting my hands on the ball.”

Crossdale was named in Eddie Jones’ England standby squad for the 2021 Six Nations alongside future Wasps team-mates Jacob Umaga, Jack Willis and Atkinson.

“I had some good meetings with Eddie,” said the former England U20 back. “I thought he was an amazing coach. He just challenges you in different ways. The big one with him is getting that athletic development right.

“Obviously I’m still a young player, it’s about pushing on and getting in the best place I can be.”

Damian68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2021, 03:28:46 PM »
TRP (Page 18) - "Sirker's debut double gets Pirates on front foot"

Looks like former Wasps winger Callum Sirker scored on debut in the Championship opener for Cornish Pirates' 33-18 win against Richmond.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 03:32:33 PM by Damian68 »

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2021, 03:36:32 PM »
Thank you, Nick.