Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Lima  (Read 2712 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Lima
« on: January 15, 2018, 11:04:26 AM »
Finally it's official. No other comment from club or Dai on other players. Must admit I thought it was being delayed to issue good with bad.
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Lima
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 11:07:27 AM »
When a world-class fly half became available we jumped at the chance, as that doesn’t happen very often.

I wonder if this suggests a speculative signing? As in, we get to keep Cips as well?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 11:35:32 AM »
As I posted on the other site. Remember we were looking at whether Eastgate or Umaga might have to step up or make do with Rob Miller. I suspect this signing came from that time. This type of cross continent signing must take months to come to fruition.  I think he was coming whether Danny stays or goes. Dai has always said he discusses matters with his senior players.  Probably the question now is will Danny stay and fight for his position and the team. Lima is with Hurricanes who should get to the latter stages of their competition so I don't think he will be part of our pre-season. Bloody hope he doesn't do a Beale on us.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 11:55:17 AM by Neils »
Let me tell you something cucumber

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 11:46:06 AM »
I wonder if it started out as a potentially injury cover, and then matured into a "why not join us anyway?" situation.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 08:48:17 PM »
Rumour rumbling on RIL that Wasps will make a 'big' announcement on ins and outs tomorrow.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 09:38:52 AM »
Rumour rumbling on RIL that Wasps will make a 'big' announcement on ins and outs tomorrow.

They say they will release two of the 'rumours' at noon, one on Twitter and one on Facebook.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 10:02:02 AM »
The announcements were from RIL, not Wasps, 4 rumours from RIL about Wasps, ins and outs.