Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Pete Nuttall  (Read 5018 times)

MarleyWasp

Pete Nuttall
« on: September 25, 2021, 09:00:55 AM »
It appears that Pete Nuttall is no longer doing the PA at Wasps matches. Judging by his comments on Twitter he found out yesterday on Twitter and contacted the club only to receive a text late last night saying his services were no longer required

If so, it's really poor from the club. Pete has been a fixture on the PA since Loftus Road, kept on coming at Adams Park when the club was broke and he wasn't being paid because he loves the club.

Aside from the fact he's one of the best in the business, it's an appalling way to treat someone after 25 years of service.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Pete Nuttall
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 09:05:00 AM »

I've seen the Twitter post.
Where did you get the extra bits about him contacting the country and getting a text?

I really want to believe that this is a complete miscommunication and crossed wires.

If it is true, is quite unbelievable.
However, let's remember that it wouldn't have been Lee, the coaches, or the players making this decision or failing to inform him.
It probably doesn't even go as far up the chain as Derek and maybe not Stephen Vaughan either.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 09:06:36 AM »
I've seen the other Twitter post now the: the text

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2021, 09:10:33 AM »

MarleyWasp

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2021, 09:14:54 AM »

I've seen the Twitter post.
Where did you get the extra bits about him contacting the country and getting a text?

https://twitter.com/p10pete/status/1441661384912035849?s=19

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2021, 09:21:32 AM »

Legally, I'm sure this is all fine.
I suspect Pete was a contractor and the club are probably within their rights to change their contractors virtually at will.

But, ethically, there should have been more for someone who has spent so long with the club.
I want to blame an inept middle manager for this, but the more I think about it, the more I think it's all part of the deal to appease ccfc, and therefore likely does have additional oversight.

The most surprising thing about this is that we'd actually want to get rid of him.
Afterall, he's obviously deemed one of the best stadium announcers around given that he does cup finals for football at Wembley and lots 9f the major rugby League events

Completely baffling

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2021, 09:22:30 AM »
This is appalling. What a terrible way to treat someone.  And such a loyal supporter too.  Are  Wasps being subtly  taken over by the Sky Blues??

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2021, 09:27:46 AM »
I hope the hell the new  guy is not the ccfc version. If so we are giving too much away.

It might be because of the complaints about the sound at the end of season presentations where the club said it was not the system but the announcer and microphone. Hard to take though.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2021, 09:40:11 AM »
I’d be surprised if Wasps hadn’t recognised this move would upset many of the pre-Ricoh supporters and then not handled this properly.

John Dalziel is a local radio presenter who has worked at Wasps matches on a number of occasions- in the indoor fanzone- and done a very good job.

I believe he is a Wasps fan too.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2021, 09:42:05 AM »
I’d be surprised if Wasps hadn’t recognised this move would upset many of the pre-Ricoh supporters and then not handled this properly.

John Dalziel is a local radio presenter who has worked at Wasps matches on a number of occasions- in the indoor fanzone- and done a very good job.

Thanks for that info.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2021, 09:45:56 AM »

Thanks for that info.

He is pretty much the MC for any major event in Coventry / Warwickshire as well as CCFC and Cov Blaze ice hockey, as Steve mentioned the change won't be popular and particularly the way it has been done, but he will appeal to the casual local / family who may become a regular.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 10:54:40 AM by Chunky24 »

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2021, 10:52:03 AM »
It's a real shame that this has happened, but I think it is worth mentioning that there are always two sides to every story.

I don't know any of the details on this, but the idea that we are being subtly taken over by CCFC and this is a move to appease them is genuinely preposterous.

There is clearly a reason for this, though I suspect the club won't let on what it actually is.  I doubt Derek made the decision, but I would be very surprised if he wasn't completely in the loop on it.

Let's see how the new chap works out before judging him too negatively.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2021, 12:07:47 PM »
It's a real shame that this has happened, but I think it is worth mentioning that there are always two sides to every story.

I don't know any of the details on this, but the idea that we are being subtly taken over by CCFC and this is a move to appease them is genuinely preposterous.

There is clearly a reason for this, though I suspect the club won't let on what it actually is.  I doubt Derek made the decision, but I would be very surprised if he wasn't completely in the loop on it.

Let's see how the new chap works out before judging him too negatively.

+1.

I suspect Wasps will have a very different version of events. I don’t believe they would dispense with someone with 24 years service by way of a last minute shock text.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2021, 12:15:47 PM »
If JD is like he is at other events I have attended in Coventry, it's not going to be an improvement.

I see the conspiracy theorists are out on Drunkenwasps claiming this is about deleting Wasps history........

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2021, 01:05:54 PM »
If he's contracted each season, and signs a contract each season, then if I was him, I'd have been asking questions a lot earlier in the month about when I'm signing my new contract...