Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TRP  (Read 984 times)

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
TRP
« on: October 17, 2021, 08:55:13 AM »
Yet again it proves why I dropped my subscription and only read it through PressReader for free.

They have printed a story about Stooke and Broadstreet, which came from an interview with Bobby, reading it it looks like their interview.

The Nick Cain column completely misses the point on Exeter branding issue with a load of whataboutary and attacks on the exeterchiefs4change group. Whatever your thoughts on the issue he comes across badly, but then I have a very strong dislike of the man after his poor sarries  retoric over the salary cap issues.

Colin Boag uses the CMK Oghre yellow to point out refs do make mistakes.

Match report head to head was Willis and Simmonds with Tom coming out very well. It also show attendance as 9000.

Nothing Wasps in the blindside rumours, just Fissler reprinting a story I head months ago about Marler, and Andy Goode calling his ex-agent as useful as a chocolate teapot, from his podcast.

Shane Williams saying Thomas Young should have had more caps and having a dig at the 60 cap rule. He calls it a way of the regions getting cheap players.

Jeff Probyn talks about diversity, mainly around lack of Asian players, when they are the biggest minority in the UK. Pointing our almost every player is a posh boy, does mention briefly the Exeter branding issue, then does himself no favours with ‘as far as I know’ statements which are wrong, and has a pop at Wasps.

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: TRP
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 12:54:14 PM »
The Nick Cain report in the rugby paper was disgraceful to say the least. He tried to use history with disgraceful patronisation, whilst misunderstanding it himself. At the end what he was asking the Exeter supporters at the AGM to do was exactly what he claimed to be standing against, outvoting prevention of harm…It has to be one of the most misguided pieces I have read!

MarleyWasp

Re: TRP
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 02:19:01 PM »
I'm tempted to contact Trading Standards over the use of the term "expert"...

Full article attached.