Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Jeff  (Read 1846 times)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Jeff
« on: October 17, 2021, 10:34:25 AM »
Must admit when Brookes left last year I was a bit worried about TH but Jeff is rapidly inking himself in as one of the first names on the team sheet. Set piece wise he's improved no end and is making even more impact in the loose. I hope he is intending to stay on these shores for a while. Also impressed with Scholtz at scrum time.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Jeff
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 10:44:16 AM »
Must admit when Brookes left last year I was a bit worried about TH but Jeff is rapidly inking himself in as one of the first names on the team sheet. Set piece wise he's improved no end and is making even more impact in the loose. I hope he is intending to stay on these shores for a while. Also impressed with Scholtz at scrum time.

I should think Sholtz is still reeling from the pace of that game he played. He was very good, but needs to build those tanks up, just as JTA had to.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 10:44:42 AM »
Yes. JTA now looks as if he is really enjoying his rugby and is settling into Wasps. I am sure he is working hard with Fifita to get the new man up to speed. I am sure that Vaea would be even better as a 6 rather than a lock.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 11:05:36 AM »
Yes. JTA now looks as if he is really enjoying his rugby and is settling into Wasps. I am sure he is working hard with Fifita to get the new man up to speed. I am sure that Vaea would be even better as a 6 rather than a lock.

Which is exactly what Lawrence has said in the replay I just watched (play him at 6).
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 11:12:36 AM »
The issue with that is that Shields is currently immense there - unstoppable.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2021, 11:19:14 AM »

So true.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2021, 11:27:35 AM »

So true.

So true in a lot of positions in our pack now.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2021, 12:10:56 PM »
Nice problem to have! The workrate the 8 forwards are putting in will mean rotation is a must. But we still have West, Millar-Mills, Cardall, De Chaves, Carr and Morris relatively fresh.

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2021, 12:40:00 PM »
JTA’s replacement Harris (who tends to go under the radar) wasn’t too shabby either. Although I was fuming when he knocked the ball on in one of our rare forays in Exeter’s 22 in the second half, looking at the replay I noticed he had a massive black eye which meant his right eye was virtually closed (couldn’t have helped with the depth perception). I suppose that epitomised yesterday’s game - absolute commitment by all even when the odds were heavily stacked against us.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2021, 01:04:55 PM »
JTA’s replacement Harris (who tends to go under the radar) wasn’t too shabby either. Although I was fuming when he knocked the ball on in one of our rare forays in Exeter’s 22 in the second half, looking at the replay I noticed he had a massive black eye which meant his right eye was virtually closed (couldn’t have helped with the depth perception). I suppose that epitomised yesterday’s game - absolute commitment by all even when the odds were heavily stacked against us.

I thought the same and also saw his eye. Nasty. Hougaard's dart forward to lose us the ball 5m out (maybe?) was, at the least, somewhat foolhardy. From that point we went on to concede that last try I think. He didn't exactly shine for me. Porter made a better job of it when he last played.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2021, 01:26:17 PM »
Harris is an extremely useful part of the squad, very powerful. But he's a LH. It was Scholtz that came on for JTA.

Old Geezer

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2021, 05:58:13 PM »
I don't think JTA was very fit when he first joined us but is now.  I really rate him as a leader who leads by example.  Haven't made my mind up about Sholtz yet.  Need to see more from him.

BdeB

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2021, 06:01:57 PM »
JTA also seems to be a culture setter and so added value off the pitch. I would be very happy to see us extend his contact.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2021, 06:04:08 PM »
JTA also seems to be a culture setter and so added value off the pitch. I would be very happy to see us extend his contact.
+1 His leadership on the pitch alongside old Hurricane mates and Stookes obvious wanting to show leadership too is a very positive thing for us.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2021, 06:15:55 PM »
+1 His leadership on the pitch alongside old Hurricane mates and Stookes obvious wanting to show leadership too is a very positive thing for us.

+2