Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Mitch  (Read 917 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
Mitch
« on: October 17, 2021, 08:33:22 PM »
IMHO, he has to be one of the most astute signings we have made for a very long time. In recent seasons we have looked good at times, only to then let ourselves down. What Mitch has added has not only galvanised the squad but really motivated them.

What was especially pleasing is that he approached Lol beforehand.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 09:12:32 PM by Heathen »

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Mitch
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 09:00:49 PM »
Yes, I agree completely here. As I have said before, this is a Waikato reboot to 2002.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 11:35:25 AM »
I'd love to know what's actually changed.  Matty Everard appears to be doing a cracking job with our Defence.  Mitchell is Attack Coach (although Lee said he'd also be using him to help in other areas) but our attack seems comparatively subdued compared to other years.  Whether this is simply changing playing personnel due to injury, seeking to better balance attack whilst being capable of maintaining our defensive structure or Mitchell being asked to prioritise assisting other areas i'm not sure.

One thing that you can see from the Coaches as they wander to/from their seats is that they all look like they're enjoying the job and I think that's what shows amongst the squad.  We look like a happy, cohesive squad.

The confidence of Lee to be happy / to instigate the Mitchell discussions says a lot about him too.  I'm not sure many young Head Coaches would be that happy to bring on board a character who has a history of bullying.

I'm delighted he seems to of slotted in so well.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 12:13:37 PM »
Attack is a lot harder to come together than defence. It's more complex to do well and takes the team to gel more to form a natural understanding.