Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 1510 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: October 30, 2021, 07:03:16 AM »
Morning All.

It is supposed to be raining right now where I am, a few miles up from Bath (the main road, which is maybe 100 yards from my house, pretty much goes straight to Bath along the Fosse Way). Of course, that is the BBC weather forecast, so it isn't raining. Dark it is, even the BBC can get the sunrise time right. Feels warm as well, with a Southerly breeze.

Not on BT, and while VIPbox lists the game, there are no streams showing.

I have a good feeling about today. Intent and intensity is what we need.

COYW

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 07:33:26 AM »
Morning NWW and all Waspies from a dark old Guildford. Coffee, morning papers, then a meeting with our financial advisor to update life insurance. Followed by a quick dash into town today, before the wonderful Saturday afternoon of sport begins. If anyone finds a stream please let me know, otherwise it will be the good old wireless to listen to for me today.

This has the potential to be a banana skin. Bath are shorn of many players as are we. But they have the home field advantage. Weather forecast has improved, and hopefully our game will be played in glorious sunshine. Looking at the teams I do think we hold the edge in the first XV, it is the replacements that will be the most fascinating as it will be how our front row replacements fare that will be so important. Gabby needs to keep his discipline today, as he will likely need to put in a long old shift.
However I am looking forward to this. Until we get our injured players back we must stay around top 6 and within touching distance of top four. It does not matter if we are not around the top come the half way point, the league cannot be won then. However a strong position in the chasing pack with a squad much more experienced and battle hardened would be a wonderful return.

Come on you Wasps!

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!  ;D

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 07:48:36 AM »
Morning all,
I had thought about going to this one as a day out in Bath is nice, but with the weather I’m glad we didn’t as raining in Coventry at the moment. But shame this one isn’t on BT as matches against Bath tend to be high scoring in recent years.
Think this is a chance for us to get 5 points, or should he. Whilst our bench looks weak the starting 15 is fairly decent. These are the games we need to be winning if we want to be close at the end of the season.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2021, 07:50:45 AM »
Morning all,

Having watched last nights game I'm even more convinced we have the squad to go on to big things once we get through this damned injury problem.

The weather forecast looks good, lets hope they got the pitch drained after all this rain and we can get a good game and avoid injuries, especially the front row.

Safe travels for those attending the match and here's hoping your return journey is full of smiles and happy memories.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2021, 07:57:19 AM »
Morning all

I think we have the still before the storm - grey, little wind and dry. Not as forecasted at all. Bath is always wet!

Kind of hopeful for this with lads rested a bit for these two upcoming matches. At least the pitch is real this week.

Safe travels to all going. Those whop are not will rely on Twatter, BB or maybe radio.

COYW
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2021, 07:58:57 AM »
Morning everyone from a thoroughly soggy Hastings. I must say, unlike last week, I'm well up for this one. I hope Bath's resurgence holds off for at least one more week. It will come but not this Saturday.. Interesting selection but the cavalry are just coming over the hill. Keep your discipline in check, Gaby. Tempo and his TMO will be watching you. Let's get a 5 pointer and please, injury free. ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2021, 08:04:43 AM »
Morning all.

Dark and dismal here in S Bucks  (and p'ing down). At least it will be a bit lighter tomorrow at this time. On the flipside, dog walk will have to be an hour earlier in the afternoon.

Good feeling about this match. There are signs that we are getting our basics right. From those available, that is not a bad side that Lee has picked. 5 pointer for us is a distinct possibility.

If we can get to the end of the year being no worse that 50/50 on results, I fancy that we we will be in a good place to push for higher things.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2021, 08:18:31 AM »
Good morning Nelly and Wombles, and everyone  else too.  It is orrible outside right now - wet, raining, foggy. cold , November two days early.  Tomorrow's  game could go either way, but if the players  stay in personal control of themselves and their emotions we could come out on top.  It really depends on how many players disappear in  that mud wallow that is the  top  left corner of Bath's pitch.  The match was originally scheduled to  be shown tomorrow as  I was able to put it on record three days ago, but when I checked it out yesterday  -  there it was ............. gone.  So we' ll go to Songs of Praise in the church across the road instead and send up several prayers.  Roll on Spring.  Safe journeys to everyone wherever you are and ..................... Allez Allez Allez   C. O. Y. W.  ............             

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2021, 08:33:54 AM »
Good morning one and all, still grey and wet here in Devizes, as we know forecast is for less rain as day goes on but the ground will be wet.
This is one of the few games I will see us this season as I have elected to stop driving to Cov and am watching rugby at the Rec, so far a decision I am regretting.  They are a nice crowd and deserve better from their team - not today though.

I will be there and I am hoping for maximum points for us and expecting an away win. Reading this not many of us are travelling, a shame Bath City is always lovely.
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2021, 08:47:15 AM »
Morning all - well Nelly must be lucky as a few miles north of J18 in S Glos, it's been hard rain since 5, now stopped. Morning ablutions done, coffee machine on.

MetOffice forecast for Bath is good for this afternoon - just want to see another performance...

COYW
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 02:51:31 PM by mike909 »

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2021, 09:13:12 AM »
Cats and dogs in North Warwickshire.
If you have access to Stan Sport they are showing today's game.
I hope we might just have enough today.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2021, 09:36:08 AM »
Yes, since I posted that comment, we have had heavy rain here too. But, looking out the front window, which faces down that way, it is starting to look brighter, so hopefully that's it done raining for now. It has stopped here.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2021, 10:19:15 AM »
Morning.
Strangely sunny here.
Safe travels all.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2021, 10:42:07 AM »
Made a late decision to travel and picked up tickets for the game on the Bath website last night.  Fingers crossed for dry weather come kick-off.  Call me a fair weather fan, but not too keen in getting soaking wet watching the game.

Based on everyone else on this board, I’m feeling strangely confident.  Expecting less free-flowing rugby and more of the line out drives we saw during the Chiefs game.  Hoping Gaby is consistent today with his arrows.  I think that’ll be the difference between us winning and losing - If he’s on the mark, I reckon Wasps by 20 (seriously), if we can’t get our line out working I think it’ll be a very close game.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2021, 10:50:09 AM »
Morning all! Looks like I'll be following on twitter and covtel for this one.

We were in the Bath area last week, unfortunately there was nothing on then :(.