Always a Wasp

Author Topic: A good start.  (Read 686 times)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
A good start.
« on: October 30, 2021, 06:13:43 PM »
Won 3. Lost 3. For me it’s a good start. Forget the injuries, extreme though they are. We’ve beaten Saints, Bristol and Bath - no back numbers themselves. The losses have been to Sarries, Exeter and Newcastle away when we really threw it away. Our defence is winning us games. Our attack is decent with some fine tuning needed. Set piece is par. In Stooke, Fifita, Hislop, Crossdale, Frost and Carr we have some great additions. In Mitchell we’ve acquired experience and a certain presence. Certainly things to work on but overall I’m really encouraged.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: A good start.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 06:43:11 PM »
Funnily enough I was just looking at the table and thinking the same thing. We win the game in hand we have over Exeter and Gloucester and we’re in 5th place. 

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: A good start.
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 06:51:39 PM »
Defence has been a real improvement, both organised and scramble. However attack has been mixed, as has discipline and set piece, although in regards to the last that has improved marginally as well, especially the maul.

What has concerned me greatly is leadership, TCUP and ability to maintain control, Newcastle as case in point, Nath today another example as that was a really poor last 20 minutes. Until we start improving in the above areas we will struggle to get into top 6. Yet it might be injuries that really torpedo our season. If that does not start improving PDQ we will be done.