Always a Wasp

Author Topic: NZ VS Wales  (Read 2053 times)

wycombewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
NZ VS Wales
« on: October 30, 2021, 06:18:10 PM »
how do NZ get away with their foul play, French reff., somebody should tell him Wales voted to stay in the EU

Marlow Nick

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: NZ VS Wales
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 06:20:55 PM »
That one tackle should have been a yellow AND a red but all blacks get away with it

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 06:21:15 PM »
Is it not Wales v NZ?
Let me tell you something cucumber

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2021, 06:22:04 PM »
Wales also suffering the injury problems we seem to have, once you lose a couple in one position you then lose more in the game.

Marlow Nick

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2021, 06:22:43 PM »
Is it not Wales v NZ?

No the ref has clearly decided this is a NZ home win 😉

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2021, 06:22:52 PM »
Thought the Laulala yellow was harsh, notnsure what he’s meant to do there. Assistants Ridley and Dickson also seemed to think that but Reynard wasn’t having any of it.

If Wales had a few more players available this could have been a bit closer

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2021, 06:23:43 PM »
Yellow card was correct, Moriaty dips into contact, the initial tackle pushed him into the 3, loads of mitigation. However 3 needs to wrap. A red would of just ignored all the processes that comes to making the correct decision, which was made.

Scrappy game again, some good parts, some bad, but very physical at the breakdown.

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2021, 06:27:03 PM »
I thought 2 yellows there.NZ get away with so much.
The way they get away at blocking at the breakdown winds me right up.

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2021, 06:56:34 PM »
Although ABs have never looked at risk of losing, and Wales -although battling- are showing that they have little strength in depth, I wish we were playing the ABs this Autumn, they look strangely less potent.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2021, 07:02:04 PM »
Those injuries and then the difference in bench impact showing now

wycombewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2021, 07:06:42 PM »
Wombles you surely jest, steady eddy and his band of yes men

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2021, 07:13:20 PM »
Wombles you surely jest, steady eddy and his band of yes men

Even with Steady Eddie....Maybe not the last 10 15 minutes though..When the ABs step it up very few people can live with them. However if we realise our potential then we could be at the same level consistently. Problem is Eddie is definitely not good enough to see that happen.

Wales would of lost with their best out. What we saw tonight was beyond their first XV they have big problems, and it may be that the problems at the regional and structural level for Wales will start to be noticed, not just against the power house SH teams, but possibly the 6 Nations, and then into the tier 2 level unless they change things.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2021, 07:51:16 PM »

Problem is Eddie is definitely not good enough to see that happen.

Wales would of lost with their best out. What we saw tonight was beyond their first XV they have big problems, and it may be that the problems at the regional and structural level for Wales will start to be noticed, not just against the power house SH teams, but possibly the 6 Nations, and then into the tier 2 level unless they change things.
[/quote]

I respectfully disagree with both points. I think Eddie is over hated on here, and the truth is it's incredibly difficult to get England playing as well as they could. Reckon Eddie, given the silverware won aside from a world cup, has been successful.

And that last paragraph about Wales, they just won a 6 Nations against strong France. Yes they shithoused all those wins, but come on. If they were in that bad a position they'd never won the 6 Nations. That and They're recruiting more players for club level. I think your claims are a tad hyperbolic.

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2021, 08:12:57 PM »

Problem is Eddie is definitely not good enough to see that happen.

I respectfully disagree with both points. I think Eddie is over hated on here, and the truth is it's incredibly difficult to get England playing as well as they could. Reckon Eddie, given the silverware won aside from a world cup, has been successful.

And that last paragraph about Wales, they just won a 6 Nations against strong France. Yes they shithoused all those wins, but come on. If they were in that bad a position they'd never won the 6 Nations. That and They're recruiting more players for club level. I think your claims are a tad hyperbolic.
[/quote]

Very much your right to disagree, there would be no good debates if we were all on the same page.

In response I believe that Eddie has a over authoritarian approach that does not realise potential but wishes to control it at all costs. It occasionally works, but longevity is never achieved, as it relies on individuals loyalty to their cause rather than their leader.

In regards to the second point. It is well documented that the regions are struggling, not only in finance, but in retention of players and working with the WRFU in harmony...it has been for many years little more than 2 sides butting heads with each other at the moment, and that is not helping the game in Wales. Also Pivac struggled in 2020 with the 6 nations and then the Autumn nations cup as he tried to bring in youth and a new style then...it bombed. For the 2021 six nations he parachuted every senior player he had available that was developed and served Gatland so well before his tenure. And then, allied with a very healthy dollop of fortune and luck he won the title. However it was more relying on Gatlands work than his own, as the fault lines were exposed the year before.

Unless the regions, the WRFU start working together, then eventually Wales will at the national level start to struggle. There is evidence there already.   
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 08:14:51 PM by Wombles »

hopwood

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2021, 03:55:23 PM »
In response I believe that Eddie has a over authoritarian approach that does not realise potential but wishes to control it at all costs. It occasionally works, but longevity is never achieved, as it relies on individuals loyalty to their cause rather than their leader.

I agree.