Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps v Gloucester: Post match thoughts.  (Read 3140 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
Re: Wasps v Gloucester: Post match thoughts.
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2021, 12:25:41 PM »

No, the lack of supporting running lines. In the few times we did break through, there were few or no intelligent support lines being run. The sort that Robson, Tom Willis, Frost, JTA and Oghre tend to make. No one to offload to.

Trevor, totally agree.

The irony of the result was that if Jacob had been 5/5 off the tee, we would drawn the match.

On another point, Prem Rugby reporting the gate as 5,042 - it seemed more like 7.5/8 K to me. A 1/4 full stadium was my take on it.

TheTameWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2021, 01:57:15 PM »
Last night was a horrible, miserable, cold night, I turned up at car park we normally use and it was pretty empty, on entering the stadium I could see why, clearly this was going to be a very poorly attended game.

The rugby really did nothing to cheer me up, I lost count of the number of times Gloucester just ran straight through us and how many balls we seem to drop, as usual the penalty count was ticking up in their favour, with the referee was giving us nothing and the Wasps players looked lethargic, it didn’t look very promising the moment May touched down the first try.

What happened to the fast flowing running rugby we used to watch a few years ago? It seems to be a distant memory now.

I’ve already started questioning myself about why I’m going and whether the money I’m shelling out on season tickets & car parking is really worth it.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2021, 02:01:47 PM »
This is my second season without a ST, having previously held one since 2002.

Giving serious thought to renewing next season.

My sincere hope is that we can get the injury monkey off our backs and have a decent squad of proven performers to select from every week.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2021, 04:34:05 PM »
For about the 1st time in a very long time Wasps actually scored more than the opponents when they were a man up.

Sussex Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2021, 06:18:29 PM »
Last night was a horrible, miserable, cold night, I turned up at car park we normally use and it was pretty empty, on entering the stadium I could see why, clearly this was going to be a very poorly attended game.

The rugby really did nothing to cheer me up, I lost count of the number of times Gloucester just ran straight through us and how many balls we seem to drop, as usual the penalty count was ticking up in their favour, with the referee was giving us nothing and the Wasps players looked lethargic, it didn’t look very promising the moment May touched down the first try.

What happened to the fast flowing running rugby we used to watch a few years ago? It seems to be a distant memory now.

I’ve already started questioning myself about why I’m going and whether the money I’m shelling out on season tickets & car parking is really worth it.

This a really cutting pertinent comment and highlights the issues facing Wasps. As you can see, I live miles from the CBS. Never a STH at AP but attended 50% home games, 1 hr journey time. Have tried many times the Ricoh / CBS by car and train but is a 16 hour tour and I will be unpopular, but the stadium is cold, harsh, too big and just designed for 32k fans, so on match day is like the Irish at Majeski. I love going to real rugby venues where there is atmosphere and full 16k ish house like the Stoop, Welford Road, the Rec and Franklins gardens.
Not sure what the answer is but sure as hell the CBS will never be an attractive rugby ground to keep good people like you Tame. Recent attendances seem to confirm this and Wasps have a problem. A big one now the financials are in pieces

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2021, 07:29:30 PM »
It’s a long way from Sussex - agreed. But it’s the very thing that gives Wasps a chance to continue in existence.