Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning all!  (Read 1164 times)

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning all!
« on: December 04, 2021, 06:48:56 AM »
Good morning all Waspies from a dark and quiet Guildford. Advent has begun, and I am officially in the Christmas mood as our Christmas tree and decorations go up today. I have noted with interest that many have done this in November this year, however there has been no premature treejaculation in our house, but come tea time it will certainly have the full festive feel. The question remains will it be us Waspies heading home with a 4-5 point present, or will it be a lump of coal that awaits us?

Sixways is a tough old place to get a result, and I am certain that Warriors will not be in the giving mood. There will be no gift wrapped win, and if we are to get a result today we are going to need to wrest it from them like a Boxing Day sale shopper.
Worcester are no push overs, and when I looked at their team yesterday you can see big performers throughout. But what struck me about their selection was balance, both in the starting XV and importantly on the bench. We however are at a ‘all hands to the pump’ situation. I never like a 6-2 bench split unless weather and playing surface dictates, as it narrows our options if things are not going well -this is not one of those times- And it would only take 1-2 knocks to starting players before combinations start to suffer as players shuffle out of position. Eddie Jones seems to think you can slot a player anywhere and they can perform. Yet he is wrong that numbers on a players back are inconsequential, each position has certain skills and attributes that if not mastered can leave you wanting. If that happens team performance dips and you are in trouble. Yet a team with Nizam and Alfie on the bench will always remain a threat.

You have to say Worcester are favourites today...We are going to have to fight for this one as we need to stay in touch with the top 6.

Come on you Wasps!!!

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 06:51:24 AM by Wombles »

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning all!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 07:12:13 AM »
Morning Chris, morning everyone.

I’m really excited this morning. I’m in a dark an missly Worcester preparing to go to my my first live game for a very long time. After a good night last night I’m a bit hungover, that was to be expected as I’m staying with a very old friend and dear friend and former business. We hadn’t been together for some time so lots to catch up on in his local and then the wine flowed as we watched Glaws beat Bris.

We’re off to the Malvern’s for a 3 hour hike shortly but he’s only a 10 minute drive from the ground so no need to rush. 

I’m sorry to say but the omens aren’t good. He used to live in Bury and was a Sale fan and in all the times I went there and he came to us for the Adam’s Park return the results weren’t in our favour.  And now they’ve got Diamond ☹️

Safe travels for those attending and I just hope my excitement is followed by bragging rights when we’re out for a meal with his brother tonight.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2021, 07:27:52 AM »
Morning one and all.

Absolutely tipping it down here and pitch black and not nice for the hound walk coming up.

Not sure of the weather over in the West but with a plastic monstrosity it doesn't matter too much. Not a tremedously happy place (although Wadey revelled in it) and Warriors seem to be building better. Moderately hopefull of a kind result. However, please no more injuries as we just can't take any more.

Will but watching Bobby's coverage from a bar in London so hoping not to swear.
Safe travels to all venturing to the game.

COYW
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2021, 07:35:30 AM »
Good morning all. Truly miserable morning in Hastings. Looking forward to the game this afternoon. We may have got beaten by Glos last weekend but we did score 5 tries. Last night Briz could only manage one against them. Let's rattle the Sixways scoreboard today and come home with 5 points.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2021, 07:43:47 AM »
Morning all. Grey morning here in S Bucks.

After attending last weeks game and leaving very disappointed, with many aspects of our performance, I just hope the that these have been the focus of the work this week. OK, the starting centre pairing was sub-optimal and did contibute to our downfall, particularly in the first half. This week, Jimmy and McHenry should hopefully keep that door shut. There are some interesting matchups all over the park.

If we get the basics right in defence and our decision making savvy, we can win this game. Otherwise it is going to be a long haul in the nether regions of the GP until the end of January, by which time, I hope that a large percentage of our walking wounded have returned to the fray.

#COTW

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2021, 08:17:50 AM »
Good morning everyone  from a bit of the Welsh border that is dry (at the moment)  and breezy  with  little cloud, and I hope it stays that way.      I am surrounded  by unstamped envelopes, unwritten  cards and unwrapped presents, and I only hope I can remember what is intended for whom and that I don't send mis-label everything and send them to all the wrong people.  Can't even begin to forecast which side will get the Win but I do SO hope that the label has Wasps name on it.  We need a present.  Very happy to see Tom  Willis at 8 and that Westy is  on the bench, and it will be interesting to see where Alfie turns up; my money is 8 in the last 20 minutes,  but 'I know no-o-o-thing'.  Please  -   no injuries but loads of good luck.   Stay safe boys.  Safe journeys to you all.  Allez x 3  and  C O Y W ..................

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2021, 08:21:22 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours. My dad spent the past week in hospital to sort out his kidney, I return his 4 month old pup to him in Exmoor today so unlikely to be able to follow or watch the game this week.

Just recently remembering SixWades after seeing a Prem Rugby video online somewhere. I still miss the anticipation when he got the ball! Worcester and Wasps are quite different now.

One positive from last week was finishing strong and scoring to the end, not something we have seen much of this season. With the margins so fine and as some of our 'freaks' start to return to tip that fine balance a little towards our way on occasion, I am starting to get a feeling in my bones!

Here's to a great game between two great teams, may the best team win.

Come On You Wasps!

Notso

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2021, 08:40:42 AM »
Morning all. We have often scraped a win at Sixways, and I feel we may not be coming away with an early Christmas present this year. For me, Warriors are the favourites. It will seem odd for me, as it is an easy ride on my motorbike to watch this game, so not going will be a break for me. It's a nice ground to visit, having a real rugby ground feel to it (the CBS, sadly, does not).

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2021, 09:28:45 AM »
Morning all from a cold and currently bright S Glos. Struggling to be too optimistic today - we really will need everyone in the 23 to have a good day and we will need to be disciplined enough not to offer freebies to a team that is likely energised by Mr Diamond coming on board. They have one or two players like Lawrence with something to prove after "encounters with Eddie" and their selected starting XV has a certain robustness about it.

If you offered me a losing bonus point, at 9-25, I might be minded...but what I really want is a performance that is representative of what each player can offer and what the coaching team has planned. I know that we're a long long way from our best starting XV and perhaps we need to play a little more conservatively using our more than decent pack but lets hope it comes together today.

COYW.......

No Christmas decoration in our abode! We don't do Christmas - but a neighbour goes OTT and so it all balances out! We had the Christmas "Float" around town last evening which was a surprise for the dog.....

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2021, 10:01:30 AM »
Morning all.
Lovely day here.
I love Worcester away as a trip, sadly unable to go this year. No idea which Wasps will turn up, really hoping our scrum turns the metaphorical corner and starts to perform rather than stepping round the corner and getting pinged which refs seem to think we are doing recent on the LH side.
Safe travels!

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2021, 10:06:27 AM »
Is it on TV today anywhere?   

Can’t get to the match today so would love to watch it on the TV as 2nd best option.

Otherwise I guess I’ll watch the live game on BT and listen to the radio commentary.

It’s going to be a close one COYW 🐝

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2021, 10:15:37 AM »
Is it on TV today anywhere?   

Can’t get to the match today so would love to watch it on the TV as 2nd best option.

Otherwise I guess I’ll watch the live game on BT and listen to the radio commentary.

It’s going to be a close one COYW 🐝

Sadly, not on BT, who appear to be scaling back what they broadcast of the rugby they have the rights to. It will be on the Russian sports streaming site though, on this link:

https://vk.com/video-200149158_456242675

But, it will start literally maybe a minute before KO. You will want adblockers etc in place.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 12:03:23 PM by NellyWellyWaspy »

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2021, 11:25:12 AM »
Morning all,
Lovely morning in Coventry today - bright but cool.
Today’s match is too close to call I reckon. We have an outstanding record against Worcester but I’m not sure we are as strong as we have been in previous years.
I think the game will be won and lost in the front row and at half back.
If Jacob tightens up his game and our props are firing we can win this but Worcester must win one soon.

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2021, 02:10:31 PM »
Thx that’s useful 🐝