Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Team for London Irish  (Read 1012 times)

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Team for London Irish
« on: December 23, 2021, 12:31:12 PM »
So who are we expecting? I'm guessing something like:

1. West
2. Frost
3. J T-A (if fit)
4. Fifita
5. Stooke
6. Barbeary
7. Shields
8. Willis

9. Hougaard
10. Umaga
11. Bassett
12. Jimmy
13. Booj
14. Zach
15. Watson (as I think Crossdale is still injured?)

16. Cruse
17. Hislop
18. Alo/Millar Mills (depending on J TA)
19. Cardall
20. Young
21. Nemo
22. Porter
23. McHenry ????

Frankly I've lost track of who is fit, who is where with their recovery, who has Covid, but that seems like a pretty decent team - IF they can pull it together and perform. 

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Team for London Irish
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 12:39:30 PM »
6/2 split Peej. I'm never terribly comfortable with that. I wonder if Lee might stick with the 23 he chose for Toulouse as his core? I know we have the Covids back (hope there are no others) but would they have been able to train if they were isolating? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 01:16:58 PM »
Think Millar Mills was on the injury list in BB last update

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2021, 01:18:23 PM »
6/2 split Peej. I'm never terribly comfortable with that. I wonder if Lee might stick with the 23 he chose for Toulouse as his core? I know we have the Covids back (hope there are no others) but would they have been able to train if they were isolating? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Lee's shown a bit of a preference for a 6:2 split, and while like you I'm never that fond of it, it has worked for us in the past.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2021, 02:31:55 PM »
Is Wolstenholme injured, I can't keep track? Best 9 of the three after after recent performances. Although to be fair Hougaard has played well on the wing, so maybe has some confidence now.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2021, 03:11:33 PM »
Is Wolstenholme injured, I can't keep track? Best 9 of the three after after recent performances. Although to be fair Hougaard has played well on the wing, so maybe has some confidence now.

Yes. Superb try saving tackle on Jonny May.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2021, 03:49:03 PM »

Lee's shown a bit of a preference for a 6:2 split, and while like you I'm never that fond of it, it has worked for us in the past.

He has in the last few games, but think that may have just been due to lack of options rather than a change of tack as such.