Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps v London Irish: Post match thoughts.  (Read 6199 times)

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps v London Irish: Post match thoughts.
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2021, 07:13:35 PM »
Highlights / full game posted from 9 pm according to this, a late positive test made us close contacts so we decided to stay away, looking forward to 9 pm!

https://twitter.com/PaulMorganrugby/status/1475148869709307907?t=QpEvng2OEXDMEhZok2Nq2Q&s=19

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2021, 07:28:24 PM »
Shame. With Bobby off we won't get any of his usual intelligent articles in the Cov Tel. :(
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2021, 07:41:53 PM »
Haven’t read the previous messages yet because we have just walked through the door but…… what a fabulous day!

Thanks to everyone one at Wasps.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2021, 07:46:17 PM »
Post match thoughts :D

SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2021, 07:52:16 PM »
I haven’t seen the player ratings but having been at the CBS I thought Frosty was top drawer and mom today. What a prospect!

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2021, 08:13:38 PM »
Frosty's been a revelation. Six tries in six games.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2021, 08:44:13 PM »
Alfie MOM for me - the turnovers, not just the tries.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2021, 09:04:13 PM »
I was expecting a great deal more from Paddy Jackson. Apart from missing (I think) 80% of his place kicks, he was virtually anonymous during the rest of the game.
Irish ended up scoring one more try than we did, 5 to our 4, yet they didn't manage a losing bonus point.

Was it just down to our pressure or perhaps simply too much figgy pudding yesterday?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2021, 09:05:06 PM »
What pleased me the most is now we are starting to get a couple of regular first teamers back from injury the standards are starting to lift. A key metric to squad development is this. Suddenly all those horrible losses, deflating injuries start to pay off because those still standing have gained experience that will hold us in good stead when those we know can perform at the highest levels return....and every team needs strength in depth.

And perhaps that's why todays win meant more than the 5 points gained. We have not got anywhere near our full squad back...but when a couple return the whole performance standards perceptively rise. London Irish have made huge strides this term, and are a challenge to anyone, and we kept them at arms length throughout. The darkest days preceded the brightest future, today feels like we have just glimpsed the first rays of sunlight...and when that happens you know it will only get brighter!!!!

I love being a Wasp!!!

Chris

Rugby by birth, a Wasp by the grace of God!!!  ;D

« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 09:07:34 PM by Wombles »

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2021, 09:09:17 PM »
Highlights / full game posted from 9 pm according to this, a late positive test made us close contacts so we decided to stay away, looking forward to 9 pm!

https://twitter.com/PaulMorganrugby/status/1475148869709307907?t=QpEvng2OEXDMEhZok2Nq2Q&s=19

Available now

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2021, 09:23:09 PM »
I was expecting a great deal more from Paddy Jackson. Apart from missing (I think) 80% of his place kicks, he was virtually anonymous during the rest of the game.
Irish ended up scoring one more try than we did, 5 to our 4, yet they didn't manage a losing bonus point.

Was it just down to our pressure or perhaps simply too much figgy pudding yesterday?

Probably suffering pangs of conscience over his recent court case. I believe her.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2021, 09:36:50 PM »

Probably suffering pangs of conscience over his recent court case. I believe her.

He's played plenty of rugby since then and a lot better than he was today. My money's on the pudding.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2021, 09:53:30 PM »

He's played plenty of rugby since then and a lot better than he was today. My money's on the pudding.

My money’s on our back row.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2021, 10:08:48 PM »

Available now
If you haven’t got time to, watch it all tonight and want something satisfying to watch go to 54 minutes (game time) and watch the “harem sacrum” stuff and outrageous offload by Fefita.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2021, 10:25:35 PM »

Available now
If you haven’t got time to, watch it all tonight and want something satisfying to watch go to 54 minutes (game time) and watch the “harem sacrum” stuff and outrageous offload by Fefita.

2 incredible offloads by Fifita, around 55:20 game time.