Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Teams Up for Munster  (Read 2628 times)

ColonelWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Teams Up for Munster
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2022, 01:03:43 PM »
I understand that there is a training camp next week in Brighton for 5 days, but not sure which players will be allowed back to play next weekend for their clubs before heading to the main training base for 6N the week after?
Hopefully Alfie will be allowed to play next week as he is missing this week (especially if he can't train "fully" at the start of the week due to finishing HIA)?
I hope he gets a real "shout" with England for 6N as he absolutely deserves it, but like may other fans also hope he doesn't get "broken" by Mental Eddie!
To me the team looks set up to play some attractive rugby in a true Wasps style so could be a very interesting game as long as we can secure decent ball in set piece.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2022, 01:15:59 PM »
Although a few weeks ago we would have killed for this team in the prem, I am disappointed slightly. Alfie, Biyi, Jimmy and maybe Fifita being added would have increased our chances of an upset and had me fancying a win. A hugely depleted Munster had a stack of luck with red decisions and equalising late withdrawals for us in the home match, really wanted us to nick one away to even the score.
Still, things are on the up generally and a w next week is more important.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2022, 04:04:22 PM »

That Munster team is again shorn of some big names, but still plenty of experience. And being at home, with a big crowd, will be a huge lift. Difficult to see past a home win.

Should only be max 5k . I’ll be miffed if any more than that

Belfast Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2022, 04:14:26 PM »
Just been announced all bars in Ireland will be able to open up fully from tomorrow but nothing announced ref amounts allowed in stadiums ect.  I have been very lucky as a good friend is involved with Munster Rugby and I am going with him.  So may be the only Wasps fan at the game so keep eye out for the Black and Gold.  I will do a lone allez allez allez but may not be heard lol
 ;D

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2022, 04:26:38 PM »
Just been announced all bars in Ireland will be able to open up fully from tomorrow but nothing announced ref amounts allowed in stadiums ect.  I have been very lucky as a good friend is involved with Munster Rugby and I am going with him.  So may be the only Wasps fan at the game so keep eye out for the Black and Gold.  I will do a lone allez allez allez but may not be heard lol
 ;D

Even in a crowd, you do rather standout, rather like an oversized Wookiee.

Belfast Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2022, 04:31:32 PM »
cheeky bugger 8)

FishingWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2022, 04:56:28 PM »

That Munster team is again shorn of some big names, but still plenty of experience. And being at home, with a big crowd, will be a huge lift. Difficult to see past a home win.
And now we meed something from the game.... If we wish to stay in the senior competition
Toulouse have forfeited their game v Cardiff, which rockets Cardiff above us and demote us into 9th position before a game is played.
On reflection, dropping down to the Challenge Cup may not be so bad, so maybe a win/win situation

hopwood

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2022, 05:29:13 PM »
We get a team with Miller, Mills and Miller-Mills ! Pudsey will be releived that it's a Euro game and there aren't names on the back of the shirts!

I wonder if all three of them will be involved in inter passing - commentators nightmare :)

;D ;D ;D

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2022, 05:47:34 PM »
 ;D
According to this guy no restrictions on crowd size:

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1484545307191005190?s=20

It's happening. Cabinet plans to scrap most restrictions from tomorrow.

Beer mug Pubs and restaurant hours to return to normal.

Man dancingNightclubs reopen.

Stadium FULL attendance at indoor and outdoor events.

Mobile phone Covid pass requirement gone for hospitality.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2022, 06:19:49 PM »
Anyone had their money back from Ticketmaster yet??
Let me tell you something cucumber

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2022, 07:03:23 PM »

Got my money back last month. Finally got money out of Ryan air ( they had altered time of flight , so Managed to claim that where. Had left hotel till last night in hope of announcement last weekend.

Has anyone had money back from Toulouse?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2022, 08:05:56 PM »

Got my money back last month. Finally got money out of Ryan air ( they had altered time of flight , so Managed to claim that where. Had left hotel till last night in hope of announcement last weekend.

Has anyone had money back from Toulouse?

Thanks for that. Made me look back and got repayment Christmas Eve.
Let me tell you something cucumber

loverugby1979

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2022, 10:07:56 PM »
buff, so many players straight in without gametime. Very difficult to get anything from this.

Murray will kick all and we don't have a good aerial team (11,15,14)

Happy if we will get a LBP

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2022, 10:46:00 PM »
buff, so many players straight in without gametime. Very difficult to get anything from this.

Murray will kick all and we don't have a good aerial team (11,15,14)

Happy if we will get a LBP
I’m rather surprised you don’t think Crossdale is good in the air?  And Josh is amongst the best kick chaser in the Prem, often gets up above defences to parry  the ball back.  And finally Watson’s sound under a high ball in kick tennis, not the best but not the worst.