Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Injury Update  (Read 929 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Let me tell you something cucumber

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Injury Update
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 10:07:03 AM »
Tom W out for another 4 weeks is a big blow.  Had hoped to see him sooner.  With Launch coming back and Gaskell now fit, we should finally see Fifita in the back row.

Interesting that Thomas Young's injury is now listed as neck, having previously been reported as head.  Really hope we see him in a Wasps shirt again.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 11:34:32 AM »
Doesn't sound a done thing that Launch will be available. Even if he is he won't start. So maybe Stooke and Gaskell at lock with Fifita at 6? With Tom and Thomas out, and Alfie probably away, we are very, very short again.

Picking up the linked piece on Jack, I'll be surprised if he plays more than a couple of games this season.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 11:58:31 AM »
Worry is that Launch will come back, play a couple of good games and be handed over to mental Eddie to be broken again.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2022, 01:29:10 PM »
It looks like the International players will not be playing this weekend, which could me for the first time this season we may play a team who could be missing more players then us.

Interesting to see how the 2 teams line up

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2022, 05:55:09 PM »
I think in the loose five I’d go with Stooke and Cardall at lock. Fifita 6, Shields 7 and Carr 8 assuming no Barbeary. Bench of Launchbury and Gaskell (covering back row).

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2022, 09:28:03 AM »
I think in the loose five I’d go with Stooke and Cardall at lock. Fifita 6, Shields 7 and Carr 8 assuming no Barbeary. Bench of Launchbury and Gaskell (covering back row).

Good shout having Gaskell on the bench with Launch.  Also protects Launch in the event that we have to call upon a replacement lock earlier in the game than we'd like.