Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 1516 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2022, 11:45:57 AM »
A belated morning all, from a very sunny S Bucks.

Fingers crossed for this one. Our game management will be key. Come away with the W and I will be a very happy bunny.

safe travels to all going.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2022, 11:47:53 AM »
Enjoyed watching the U20 game, and I am up late, but just in time to say Morning All, to you all.

hopwood

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2022, 12:44:29 PM »
Morning one and all,

I was out walking before sunrise, it was a cracking dawn setting up what should be a cracking day's rugby. I only managed to see the 2nd half of last night's under 20s but what a way to start the weekend. Some great no fear rugby*.

The wind's going to be quite a factor at the down at Exeter with wind speeds of 12 gusting 24 MPH so lots of swirling balls for the back line to deal with. Its nice to be going in to a game with reasonable expectations of a win rather than hoping for a LBP, although its going to be tough. Any team with Woodburn, O'Flaherty, Simmonds J, Hepburn & Ewers starting and with Yeandle & Moon on the bench, to name a few players, and managed by Baxter deserves a lot of respect, but after recent results we shouldn't be fearing them as we might when they're at full strength.

I'm also looking forward to the England game for once. I used to be a big England fan but Eddie's approach to the game has left me cold, but the changes forced upon him might just bring about a renaissance of flowing, attacking, rugby (weather permitting).

So, safe travels to all those attending matches, wherever they are and happy watching & listening for everyone else.

* I was listening to a podcast where he discussed brain development recently. Apparently the brain is still developing up to the age of about 22 and the last parts to develop means that young people are more likely to tend towards extremes of emotional behaviour. Apparently its the same in animals which points to it being an evolutionary advantage. This probably explains the no fear rugby (and other sports) that we see in young people.

Very interesting.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2022, 12:50:51 PM »
Morning all,
Really looking forward to today’s rugby fest.
My wife are going for a walk in Kenilworth’s park before brunch and the rest of the day watching rugby.
Despite their injury list, Exeter still have a number of quality players available and have home advantage so I’m uncomfortable with the favourites tag.
As for the England game, I’m not that bothered to be honest. I too have lost interest a bit and would rather watch Wasps anytime.

Sounds like a good plan! Agree with all that Steve!
PS what sort of dog hv u got? (Mine’s a Cavapoo aka small teddy bear). Lots of dogs in the Abbey Fields this morning. Maybe they’re all planning to watch / listen to rugby later 😁

Lovely place for a walk but there is no dog anymore I’m afraid ☹️.  We still throw a stick for each other to fetch though and sniff everything that moves 😀.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2022, 01:40:22 PM »
Afternoon. Have decided to watch the game on prem TV over the latter part of the weekend. Really wanted to go but too many other thngs on...

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2022, 07:39:55 PM »
Morning all,
Really looking forward to today’s rugby fest.
My wife are going for a walk in Kenilworth’s park before brunch and the rest of the day watching rugby.
Despite their injury list, Exeter still have a number of quality players available and have home advantage so I’m uncomfortable with the favourites tag.
As for the England game, I’m not that bothered to be honest. I too have lost interest a bit and would rather watch Wasps anytime.

Sounds like a good plan! Agree with all that Steve!
PS what sort of dog hv u got? (Mine’s a Cavapoo aka small teddy bear). Lots of dogs in the Abbey Fields this morning. Maybe they’re all planning to watch / listen to rugby later 😁

Lovely place for a walk but there is no dog anymore I’m afraid ☹️.  We still throw a stick for each other to fetch though and sniff everything that moves 😀.

When my dog passed on used up his omega tablets for my dodgy knees. Which was fine till I got urge to run across roads to sniff bums and chase cars.