Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 1802 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: February 05, 2022, 06:57:33 AM »
Morning all

Very still here and a fairly hard frost. Just seeing the first shades of a lighter shy.

This is strange. Going into a match against somebody like Chiefs and with more than a glimmer of confidence about our lads. Here is hoping they travel well and all turn up!

Safe travels to any going. Safe searching for those looking for a stable TV link.

COYW
Let me tell you something cucumber

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022, 07:20:39 AM »
Mornin Neils and all Waspies from a soon to be sunny Guildford. As usual I am up with the lark on what has to be one of my favourite weekends of the season with the start of the six nations. Dog walking, paper, coffee and a trip to our local hogs back brewery to get some ale for today is ahead, before settling in for what is a bumper day of rugby. I will turn to our game against Exeter in a minute, but what an occasion it will be as our boys go to a packed Murrayfield to try to get the Calcutta cup back. To say I am excited is an understatement, the tournament wall-chart is on our fridge ready to be filled in, and when the national anthems ring out it will truly be special! The six nations was missing its soul last year being played in empty stadiums, however today its soul is back!

Yet before this is our trip to Sandy Park to face a heavily depleted Chiefs missing 23 players through injury or call ups. I take no joy in this, as injury lists like this have been our constant companion for nigh on 2 seasons. However even as our injury woes ease, going to the Devonians home to take on Baxter’s men is no easy feet and we will have to fight hard to get anything from this game. However with the league starting to bunch up a win today is a must to stay in the hunt for top 6.

Come on England, and come on you Wasps!!!

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!

Rugby by birth, Wasps by the grace of God.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 07:22:12 AM by Wombles »

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2022, 07:30:38 AM »
Morning all from a chilly, clear dawn in Hastings. Our record playing away from home is pretty awful. Sandy Park may be a difficult ground to visit but today is a good day to turn that around. Exe are short of many of their squad. Put them under early pressure and make them chase the game. Easier said than done of course. The bookies have us as slight dogs. I think they've got it wrong!
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 08:49:36 AM »
Morning all. I’m extremely wary of a Chiefs side that is peppered with excellent players still and who will summon up a real esprit de corp due to their circumstances. I think we’ll get edged out but it will be close.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2022, 08:49:56 AM »
Good morning everyone and here's to  good  luck for the  Wasp  team.  We've got a  cloudy cold day here,  and the birds (feathered)  are grabbing their breakfast before two greedy squirrels muscle in and take over.  They're called Ronnie and Reggie.  I'm  looking forward to the Execeter match and hoping for a W - big or small W I don't care which.  Just as long as everyone shows the same spirit, grit, determination and go-get-'em that they have done recently our team  can do it.  Good luck gentlemen, and stay safe.    Safe journeys to everyone.  Allez x 3 and  C O Y W.   

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2022, 09:01:56 AM »
Morning all. Nice crisp day out there ,though it looks like Sandy park will be as breezy as ever when k.o. Time arrives. Though it will be one of our best opportunities to win , Baxter will have instilled a pragmatic game plan into his side , which still has quality players running through it .

Safe travels to anyone making the journey and hopefully you be coming away with a smile on your face!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2022, 09:04:34 AM »
Morning one and all,

I was out walking before sunrise, it was a cracking dawn setting up what should be a cracking day's rugby. I only managed to see the 2nd half of last night's under 20s but what a way to start the weekend. Some great no fear rugby*.

The wind's going to be quite a factor at the down at Exeter with wind speeds of 12 gusting 24 MPH so lots of swirling balls for the back line to deal with. Its nice to be going in to a game with reasonable expectations of a win rather than hoping for a LBP, although its going to be tough. Any team with Woodburn, O'Flaherty, Simmonds J, Hepburn & Ewers starting and with Yeandle & Moon on the bench, to name a few players, and managed by Baxter deserves a lot of respect, but after recent results we shouldn't be fearing them as we might when they're at full strength.

I'm also looking forward to the England game for once. I used to be a big England fan but Eddie's approach to the game has left me cold, but the changes forced upon him might just bring about a renaissance of flowing, attacking, rugby (weather permitting).

So, safe travels to all those attending matches, wherever they are and happy watching & listening for everyone else.

* I was listening to a podcast where he discussed brain development recently. Apparently the brain is still developing up to the age of about 22 and the last parts to develop means that young people are more likely to tend towards extremes of emotional behaviour. Apparently its the same in animals which points to it being an evolutionary advantage. This probably explains the no fear rugby (and other sports) that we see in young people.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2022, 09:12:55 AM »
We are now marginal favourites with Sky Bet.

Exeter 5/4
Wasps 4/7
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2022, 09:24:33 AM »
Morning all - cold in S Glos this morning...Still feels odd to have hope for Wasps going to Exeter. It's the hope that gets you...the suffering isn't so bad!

Safe travels all, off for a coffee and a shower or visa versa and dog walk.

Mixed feelings on England - like BiND I find Jones' approach to the game, the team and people has made me less interested in my England fan roots...Part of me isn't so bothered if we lose.......

Hope the 6Ns games are fun anyhow.

Stang

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2022, 09:33:31 AM »
Down in Exeter on a Stag. Really looking forward to a first trip to Sandy Park. Bit of a bogey day with us at Chiefs and Eddie taking England north of the wall, but fingers crossed for a good game. Excellent to see so many back, now hopefully they can hold some form. Few question marks on Launch, Malakai and Alfie, let’s hope they make it through and build on last week.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2022, 09:57:27 AM »
Morning all,
Really looking forward to today’s rugby fest.
My wife are going for a walk in Kenilworth’s park before brunch and the rest of the day watching rugby.
Despite their injury list, Exeter still have a number of quality players available and have home advantage so I’m uncomfortable with the favourites tag.
As for the England game, I’m not that bothered to be honest. I too have lost interest a bit and would rather watch Wasps anytime.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2022, 10:30:08 AM »
Good morning everyone, can't believe for once we're the lucky team today with a very strong team, can't recall how long its been to have a team out as good as today,  Exeter down to the bare bones, 25 players missing.

I think we need to show we're a good team today and make sure our intensity is high and take control of the game straight from the start.

Losing today should be unacceptable - we are a very good team.

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2022, 10:52:16 AM »
Morning all,
Really looking forward to today’s rugby fest.
My wife are going for a walk in Kenilworth’s park before brunch and the rest of the day watching rugby.
Despite their injury list, Exeter still have a number of quality players available and have home advantage so I’m uncomfortable with the favourites tag.
As for the England game, I’m not that bothered to be honest. I too have lost interest a bit and would rather watch Wasps anytime.

Sounds like a good plan! Agree with all that Steve!
PS what sort of dog hv u got? (Mine’s a Cavapoo aka small teddy bear). Lots of dogs in the Abbey Fields this morning. Maybe they’re all planning to watch / listen to rugby later 😁

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2022, 11:06:00 AM »
Have signed up to a Stan Sports trial so looking forward to (hopefully) watching us play vs Chiefs.  Will see how we fare.

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2022, 11:18:50 AM »
Morning Neils, morning all

Been a while.

Will be tuning in to the radio later.

Come on ... you Wasps too-loo-rye-aye!