Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Danny Wilson  (Read 2478 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
Danny Wilson
« on: June 12, 2018, 09:44:18 AM »
As posted elsewhere, would be a major blow if he did not arrive at Wasps. Wonder what the contractual situation is with him? He must have signed one. Pre-season has already started with some clubs!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Danny Wilson
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 09:51:37 AM »
Quite a few coaches have an 'International' clause in their contracts. If they get offered a job at International level, they can break the contract. Given that he came from Wales, we all assumed he had left for a 'better' job at Wasps, maybe he was pushed, or the salary was jokingly low at Wales?

Maybe he was not happy with our facilities or the somewhat makeshift team announced by Dai, and maybe the role he would have done this year as a result of the team announcement wasn't what he was offered?

All in all, if he leaves, the Wasps coaching setup will be a joke. Not an auspicious start to the season.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 10:00:02 AM »
Must admit last night I trawled Scottish boards but found nothing. Main comment is RiL who quotes two sources but any other reference I found referred back to RiL. Did see one Wasps fanbtwitty thing say it is rubbish. He must be under contract but will maybe have a series of break clauses for various purposes. Talking to Blues fans in Bilbao they were very sad to see him leave. Will be a major f#@k up to our training team who must be just about to start. Saints started yesterday.
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 10:45:49 AM »
Might get clearer as day goes on. Scotland have been looking for a while so if it is true you would hope he discussed it with Wasps to let them get a replacement going. Not a good sign though.
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 01:19:32 PM »
RiL now reporting that Wasps have decided not to recruit to replacement him. Probably no-one out their worth looking at right now. Would they start looking at SH coaches, or will Jimmy start to step up?

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 12:14:12 PM »
It's a really shame if true and I am sure the club have planned and invested a fair bit into his recruitment. We cannot always expect to import talent and he seemed to be a part of that strategy.