Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Jack Willis Back - teams up  (Read 3173 times)

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Willis Back - teams up
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2022, 12:27:19 PM »
Wow - really excited by the wasps selection.

Harlequins squad - particularly their front row - looks good too.

Delighted to see the Willis's and Ryan Mills and Jacob and Jamma and .........

Wowser.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2022, 12:28:19 PM »
Looking forward to going now

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2022, 12:44:31 PM »
Let’s remember the weather conditions tomorrow.
Jacob has got a good boot and knows how to use it.
He’s also pretty good under a high ball.

I think having 3 playmakers on the pitch is a good call.

As for long term, probably Crossdale.
I was going to comment on the weather, its likely to make fools of kickers and catchers at times.

Great to see Jack back, I just hope he doesn't put too much pressure on himself to perform. My guess is that if we stay injury free and in the game Lee won't bring Jack on until the last 15 mins or so.

Looking forward to seeing that 10, 12, 15 combination. If they can get some good ball its got a lot of promise and I wouldn't be surprised to see Jacob in as first receiver occasionally. Could be a bit weak defensively though so the back row are going to have to get stuck in.

On the subject of Jacob, he's not only going to get peppered with high balls I expect Esterhuizen to target him to see if he's learned his lesson.

Mellie

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2022, 12:45:23 PM »
I worry about Umaga defensively at 15. I’d far rather he and Atkinson just rotate at 10. Is Crossdale injured? He’s not on the list. For me he’s a shoe in at 15.
I'd worry far more about Crossdale defensively. Against Leicester he dropped balls, missed tackles and his positioning was sometimes questionable. He was bailed out by a superb performance from Hougaard covering from him.

Crossdale is exciting in attack and has lots of potential but has to be more sound defensively., which I'm sure the coaches will be working on. I'm not sure why he's got this reputation for being "the business". A while ago I'd say the same about Rob Miller.

Interestingly Jacob was picked at fullback, with Crossdale shifted to the wing, for the Toulouse game following the Leicester win.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2022, 12:59:18 PM »
Having Marler and Collier back is huge for them as it is key to all they do. Would be far more optimistic without those two back.

Totally agree with that, as well as playing at home and desperate to get back to winning ways, it's going to be a tough match.

I'm pleased with our squad so definitely not out of the question. Jacob at full back instead of Crossdale surprises me.

Really looking forward to Mills playing at 12, up against the best 12 in the league, so a big challenge

So happy to see Jack back, 20 minutes would be nice   
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 01:01:07 PM by Westy68 »

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2022, 01:08:47 PM »
I worry about Umaga defensively at 15. I’d far rather he and Atkinson just rotate at 10. Is Crossdale injured? He’s not on the list. For me he’s a shoe in at 15.
I'd worry far more about Crossdale defensively. Against Leicester he dropped balls, missed tackles and his positioning was sometimes questionable. He was bailed out by a superb performance from Hougaard covering from him.

Crossdale is exciting in attack and has lots of potential but has to be more sound defensively., which I'm sure the coaches will be working on. I'm not sure why he's got this reputation for being "the business". A while ago I'd say the same about Rob Miller.

Interestingly Jacob was picked at fullback, with Crossdale shifted to the wing, for the Toulouse game following the Leicester win.
We’ll have to agree to disagree about that. For me Crossdale is not quite the business yet but he’s a more rounded full back than Umaga and certainly one with better tackling technique. Miller can count himself unlucky - one bad game and he’s dropped altogether - seems to be his lot whereas others are afforded more time.

Beasties

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2022, 01:17:27 PM »
OMG Jack!!!!!!

One minute at the end is plenty though, then 2 mins next time. Gently does it…… Anything else and I’ll be a nervous wreck.

That team is really starting to look like something isn’t it?

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2022, 01:53:03 PM »
Still blowing a howling gale outside. Glad to be back. Hastings has had a series of long power outs since 10.30.

Very happy with that selection - with both Tom and Jack back. Also particularly pleased that Spinky has suffered no ill affects after being laid low by Rokodoguni.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2022, 02:14:47 PM »
Still blowing a howling gale outside. Glad to be back. Hastings has had a series of long power outs since 10.30.

Yes , the wife has been staring through the window since it started.might let her in soon.

hopwood

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2022, 02:17:33 PM »
Question: how often have Jack and Tom played together for the same Wasps senior side?

They've both been in the XXIII 13 times. First was Saracens (08/10/2017) where Tom started on the bench. Most recent was against Bath in Jan last year.

Jack has started every game where they have both appeared and Tom started 8, coming off the bench the other 5 times.

Great facts. Appreciated.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2022, 02:24:51 PM »

Yes , the wife has been staring through the window since it started.might let her in soon.

😀😀😀😀
Let me tell you something cucumber

Stang

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2022, 02:28:15 PM »
Is there any news on Crossdale? His exclusions are interesting as he’s not unavailable. I’d expect to see him more than we are.

Is Jacob going to be a 15 long term? I prefer him to Charlie at 10. Not a critique of Charlie I was at Sandy Park and he is bloody good.

Ipswichwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2022, 03:12:36 PM »
Who will take the kicks ? Jacob or Charlie?

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2022, 03:22:02 PM »
Who will take the kicks ? Jacob or Charlie?

Or Mills?

JF

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2022, 03:22:26 PM »
Nice surprise, I thought he was still some way off returning.

What would be an appropriate collective noun for Willises?