Always a Wasp

Author Topic: The next 2 games  (Read 689 times)

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
The next 2 games
« on: February 20, 2022, 12:24:25 PM »
How important are they?

For me we have to win both to give us any chance of top 4. I appreciate it may be slim but I believe we have a chance if we win the next 2 games.

Bristol are for some reason not playing well and very much there for the taken. Having the Willis brothers back helps, plus Mills getting game time with Spinks.

Northampton will be very difficult but we should have Brad back the Willis brothers fitter, maybe Frosty back. For me we are in with a shout.

We should then have launchbury and Alfie back for the Newcastle game and our combination starting to settle down.

We then have a chance, lose I think it’s done and we just got to make sure we’re top 8 and in the big boys European cup next season.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: The next 2 games
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2022, 12:46:50 PM »
This afternoon's game, Falcons v Exe, is important to us. Hoping that Budgies at home can beat Exe and, unless Exe get 2 bonus points, then we will stay 7th in the table (assuming that my always shaky maths is correct, that is). Back to bare bones in the LH department. Rodrigo is out for the season and it sounds as if Hislop may be joining him. Do we rely on Nearchou as back up or do we need to get in a quick medical joker?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Jac A

Re: The next 2 games
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2022, 12:48:30 PM »
Agree with you totally Westy, that's my thinking too.

There are 40 points available to us, to get top 4 we are probably going to need 30 more (difficult to tell in a 13 team league but that seems about right based on average points) that means at most two defeats and with Sale and Leicester as our last two plus going away to Gloucester and Irish, losing in the next two would probably be an end to that. I'm still hopeful though - as you say good options and hopefully a lot of positivity in the squad despite yesterdays result.

It's close all the way to 9th place so one team is going to be very disappointed at the end of the season.