Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Tom Willis - Machine  (Read 2013 times)

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Tom Willis - Machine
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2022, 01:28:31 PM »
I see our best back row as Jack, Brad and Tom. I know that leaves Alfie on the bench but somebody has to be

I can’t argue with that CovKid.
And what if Alfie chooses to focus on the Hooker position? Would/could he become our No1 hooker?

I think he would and maybe he’d have more chance of playing for England in that position.

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2022, 03:28:05 PM »
I see our best back row as Jack, Brad and Tom. I know that leaves Alfie on the bench but somebody has to be
I can’t argue with that CovKid.
And what if Alfie chooses to focus on the Hooker position? Would/could he become our No1 hooker?

I think he would and maybe he’d have more chance of playing for England in that position.
I think Tom is a better all round player than Alfie at the moment. There seems to be a lot of noise surrounding Alfie playing for England but I don’t think he’s the best 8 at Wasps. As for hooker I’m wondering just how good Frost can be? Please don’t get me wrong Alfie is a superb young player and will get even better which is quite frightening in its own right but where do you play him, the other thing is how often do teams have everyone fit at the same time? Strength in depth is the key

Mellie

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2022, 04:09:26 PM »
Jack, Brad & Nemo are players who can play all across the back row. I'd say Tom is a better 8 and Alfie a better blindside, but they could do either. With the versatile and dependable Ben Morris and up and coming Kieran Curran, plus Gabby if needed, we are blessed with great back row strength.

I think Jack, Brad, Tom and Alfie would be our picks for the backrow when at full strength with any one of them making a difference from the bench.

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2022, 06:34:35 PM »
Jack, Brad & Nemo are players who can play all across the back row. I'd say Tom is a better 8 and Alfie a better blindside, but they could do either. With the versatile and dependable Ben Morris and up and coming Kieran Curran, plus Gabby if needed, we are blessed with great back row strength.

I think Jack, Brad, Tom and Alfie would be our picks for the backrow when at full strength with any one of them making a difference from the bench.
I don’t disagree. You could play any three of those four and it would be hard to argue with it