Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Twickenham  (Read 1082 times)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Twickenham
« on: March 12, 2022, 07:04:06 PM »
Must admit I was appalled at the noise in Twickenham as place kicks were attempted. Is it okay to be totally disrespectful if you’ve had a man sent off? I really worry that round ball mentality/actions continue to creep in to rugby. Hopefully those culpable are transient corporate visitors - it felt very uncomfortable.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Twickenham
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2022, 07:09:36 PM »
They normally I think.  We only went to HQ once and  that was enough. 

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2022, 07:26:54 PM »
I've been quite a few times, 3 of them on corporate jollies and the experience has got worse each time. I like a drink more than the next man but I just don't understand the desire to get absolutely blathered before the game starts.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2022, 07:30:28 PM »
Been twice, won't go again. Really did not like the drunks and the atmosphere.

Old Geezer

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2022, 10:47:41 PM »
I had debentures for over 50 years.  Gave them up this year partly for health reasons but also because the wonderful experience I used to have has changed.  Too many people arrive late, sit for 10 minutes then leave to get beers regularly throughout game.

Nrgee

• Season ticket since 2016-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2022, 09:03:47 AM »
Agree with all thats been said. My wife and I went yesterday the atmosphere in the fan village was great. However once in the ground this changed because of all the points raised above. The noise during Irelands kick after the sending off was a disgrace.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2022, 10:43:46 AM »
I've been over the years - starting in '73 (I was a kid!) but even then in the late 70's getting tickets from school for internationals and Varsity games - there was a bit of horsing around, but it was safe for us to go from school and not have to witness the sort of "crap" that've prevalent now.

I've enjoyed Prem finals and also in the area going to Quins (for U-20's) and the area is still nice to go for a few beers after - local knowledge helpful. But I wouldn't go to an international now. I'm interested in rugby, not getting pissed out of my brains. And like others, I like a beer - not a great surprise as an old prop....but I do like to be able to get home unaided.

I really couldn't believe the booing yesterday.

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2022, 01:10:35 PM »
I was at HQ yesterday and some of the behaviour of the pissed up brigade was disgusting.The treatment dished out to some of stewards was some of the worst I have seen.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2022, 01:16:02 PM »
Just walked around the outside of the London Stadium and the immense security operation three hours before a match was staggering.  I had to ask permission just to wander inside the secure perimeter. I suspect this level of monitoring might eventually have to come to Twickers.

Abuse of anyone is unacceptable - we regularly chat to the stewards at the CBSA who are just normal friendly people and long may that continue.
Let me tell you something cucumber

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2022, 01:28:13 PM »
I do think the 'sniff culture' from football has unfortunately drifted into posh kids culture.
I know a wide eyed drug taker when I see one.
It was very evident yesterday.
I won't be returning.