Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Jack back to England  (Read 2026 times)

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Jack back to England
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2022, 05:58:35 PM »
I can appreciate that training partners are needed, but Jack had played Sunday ,so was only there for what should have been on a recovery day. Unless he went so they could assess his recovery rate.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2022, 06:04:47 PM »
So how much “high calibre” training would have happened between his call up and release? Easy. None.

hopwood

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2022, 12:59:11 PM »
So how much “high calibre” training would have happened between his call up and release? Easy. None.

Shugs...a pleasure as always. You have such a charming style of communication. Very unique.

Anyway, I do believe they had a training session on Monday, before flying to Paris for a (World Cup-getting to know the city) type preparation yesterday.
On Monday there seems to have been a focus on tackle technique...and it would make sense to have Jack there acting as opposition, in preparation for the intensity of the French.

As England coach (and knowing the backlash he's going to get if we lose again)...if you can call on people like Jack, why wouldn't you? Even for a day.
"You're only as good as the people you train against" (is that a thing? It sounds kind of right).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-10617503/England-focus-tackling-bid-avoid-red-card-nightmare-against-France.html

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2022, 01:54:20 PM »
FWIW: As we played on Sunday, Monday would have been a rest day for Jack if he'd been with us.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2022, 02:00:39 PM »
FWIW: As we played on Sunday, Monday would have been a rest day for Jack if he'd been with us.

Yeah right - as he did with Sam Jones.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2022, 06:12:08 PM »
Who wants to take a bet?

I bet that Jack was over the moon with his callup, even if when he heard, he got straight up told he'd not be included in the final squad.

Anyone want to bet otherwise?

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2022, 06:25:55 PM »

Shugs...a pleasure as always. You have such a charming style of communication. Very unique.

Anyway, I do believe they had a training session on Monday, before flying to Paris for a (World Cup-getting to know the city) type preparation yesterday.
On Monday there seems to have been a focus on tackle technique...and it would make sense to have Jack there acting as opposition, in preparation for the intensity of the French.

As England coach (and knowing the backlash he's going to get if we lose again)...if you can call on people like Jack, why wouldn't you? Even for a day.
"You're only as good as the people you train against" (is that a thing? It sounds kind of right).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-10617503/England-focus-tackling-bid-avoid-red-card-nightmare-against-France.html
Apols - didn’t want to appear curt.