Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning all!  (Read 845 times)

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning all!
« on: March 26, 2022, 06:58:03 AM »
Good morning from a truly spring like Guildford. Hazy sunshine is present and coffee is about to be started. A few chores to do today before settling in for us against Falcons.

Although quietly confident about today’s game I am still concerned about our performance. This is no easy run in and non negotiable’s now if we want to get into Europe next year must be 5 point home wins. Add to this we need to see 80 minute performances and consistency from the boys.

Let’s hope it’s a win and the start of a run that leaves us top 8 come seasons end!

Come on you Wasps!

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Morning all!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2022, 07:09:34 AM »
Good morning all. There's been some lovely mornings in Hastings this week and today's another. If it's as good in Coventry this afternoon then we could really cut loose. Newks will have to be careful with their kicking game. Ever the optimist, I'm looking for a 5 pointer. Fingers crossed. Let's have a good one.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2022, 07:14:21 AM »
Good morning all,

Third last trip this season to the CBSA (and if fuel keeps up its rise maybe second last).

A beautiful day both for the required dog walk shortly and travelling. Kind of hopeful with most having a week off and a strongish team we can prevail. As long as Dan clicks quickly!!

Safe travels to those of us travelling from far and near. Lets keep positive for European rugby next season.

COYW
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 07:23:04 AM by Neils »
Let me tell you something cucumber

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2022, 07:43:01 AM »
Good morning Wombles, Ross and Neil  and everyone!  What a lovely day and lets hope it continues. To my naive mind this is a funny old starting team, but I don't half reckon the bench!  If Dobby isn't quite back to normal yet for goodness sake put Mr Porter on for all the second half; apart from speeding things up generally he's scored a try in each of his last three outings.  Always useful.  It's awful to think that we're so close to the last of this season's home matches  so I hope the team goes all out  now for a win - any win will do,  tho' a stonking one would be brilliant. Go for it Wasps and safe journeys to everyone everywhere.  Allez Allez Allez and C O Y W.  (PS - remember to put your clocks forward  tomorrow)   

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2022, 07:50:24 AM »
Good morning Wombles, Ross, Neil, Wonky and all Waspies. A glorious moning here in S Bucks. Looking forward to being there today (for only the second time this season!).

On paper, we have a strong 23. But on paper it means nothing. The lads need to deliver today otherwise our hopes of a top 8 finish are looking a tad risky.

#COYW.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2022, 07:53:40 AM »
Morning all.
Lovely day for it. Did fancy going to this, had it earmarked  but (a) school inspection means I have to work this weekend (b) had a job interview yesterday - my first in 20 years- and am wiped out  mentally exhausted - though I got the job (c) the wife had covid last week so I did not fancy getting it and then cancelling arrangements with my dad. Sometimes life gets in the way.
This is a hugely attractive fixture, make no mistake. Firm ground should see the ball given some air, strong team on paper, and home based. I don't think much is required for us to get the W, a few sparks to get us going and I feel we could click. Maybe that is just the sunshine.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2022, 07:57:26 AM »
Morning all, bit of house hunting this morning around Cov & Warks before going to the game this afternoon, safe travels all.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2022, 08:37:16 AM »
Morning all - bright and sunny in S Glos - tea and TV for the morning with some SR on TV in a bit

I feel perhaps too confident about this one - but we really ought to have too much firepower today and if the passes stick we could have a bright spring day....

COYW

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2022, 08:38:18 AM »
Morning All. Nice day out. The slightest of breezes, warming up. If this isn't a day ideal to the Wasps style of rugby, I don't know what is. My sciatica is starting to ease, my left leg has starting working again. My do some light spannering on my motorbike. Finish the service on it I started three months ago, and change the rear shock (both of which need the fuel tank off).

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2022, 09:02:07 AM »
Morning all , unfortunately Mother’s Day and a 60th getting in way of rugby this weekend, will have to wait for full match to become available before looking. Hopefully Wasps can pull it around ,and fingers crossed we get 5 points .

Safe travels to anyone going . If anyone will be using M11 from south ,be aware roadworks between Harlow and Bishops Stortford will make it slow going.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2022, 10:01:59 AM »
Morning all. Confident we’ll win this. I think we’ll just have too much for Falcons. Might be a chance to partake in the outdoor fan village given the weather!

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2022, 10:16:30 AM »
Morning all,
Beautiful morning here and looking forward to today's trip to the CBS.
Despite Newcastle's doggedness I suspect we will win today. Looking forward to see our back row in tandem
I suspect Kibirige at 15 will be targeted but we should have enough firepower. .

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2022, 11:03:59 AM »
Good morning everyone, definitely a nice day for good rugby.

Do find the team to have a couple of odd choices but as long as we have a win I don't care.

Really can't call it as I have no idea how we will play.

COYW

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2022, 12:16:05 PM »
Excitement mounting! Leaving for the CBS Arena in an hour. Interested to see if we can maintain accuracy this week.

The 23 look good on paper but as we’ve seen before, it’s all about cutting down on the errors.

I expect we’ll win by 15 clear points.