Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Match Thread  (Read 7484 times)

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Match Thread
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2022, 04:58:04 PM »
Well done for winning, looks like we are still trying to find each other

10 penalties in the first half, 2 in the 2nd half
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 05:01:01 PM by Westy68 »

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2022, 05:00:02 PM »
Well done for winning, looks like we are still trying to find each other

Yes indeed. A win is a win. Just that. I thought the decision to kick the penalty near the end was wrong but what do I know. It was that which won it for us.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

hopwood

« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2022, 05:01:01 PM »
We look so much better when we simplify things and just play simple power running rugby.

We lose all shape as soon as we decide to through that massive miss pass early doors.

Whilst the offload is a great skill so is patience, more of the second may be the key.

I really agree with you.
We play at our best when the game is unstructured.
As a team, we need to trust ourselves, and go at the opposition hard and fast.
We got the win.  Wow!!

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2022, 05:05:32 PM »
Painful to watch. Slow dull. We need a decent 10  Jacob sadly isn't him.

Game plan is there one. The coaches need to look at themselves if they can't coach and manage this team.

I do wonder sometime why certain people watch sport. Or indeed follow a team.
The whole experience is based around how well people (fans) can handle uncertainty and loss.
I work in psychology and I think my colleagues refer to this as eustress.
A wild dopamine combination of both euphoria and stress.
Highs and lows, almost addictive in nature.

What you have to realise is that the players and coaches are mere pawns in your game of euphoric chess, and it won’t always go the way you want it to.

You participation is voluntary.
You can leave at any time.
But the real joy of following sport with such devotion, is that you give the guys time to prove your most negative thoughts wrong.
All these guys (coaches included) are trying to do their best.
Let’s give them until the end of the game to prove they can play good rugby and give you the dopamine hit you so urgently crave.  ;)
Do you actually live in the real world? Wait until the end of the game!! We’ve waited 2 years for some players to prove us wrong. We can all live with losing it’s watching players that obviously aren’t good enough at this level that frustrates

Laterontoday

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2022, 05:39:32 PM »

Game plan is there one. The coaches need to look at themselves if they can't coach and manage this team.

The whole experience is based around how well people (fans) can handle uncertainty and loss.

What you have to realise is that the players and coaches are mere pawns in your game of euphoric chess, and it won’t always go the way you want it to.

But the real joy of following sport with such devotion, is that you give the guys time to prove your most negative thoughts wrong.
Let’s give them until the end of the game to prove they can play good rugby and give you the dopamine hit you so urgently crave.  ;)

Well I've waited until the end of the game. Interesting we play better when the game becomes unstructured. Hmm you mean better when we rip up whatever plan the coaches have devised and simply play.

It wasn't a great game, we won yippee but what I watched was poor.

Feel sorry for Joe Launch he was everywhere first half often unsupported. Jacob was poor again kicking out on the full more than once, failing to get 10 at a restart and no real back game calls. First 20 mins it looked like everyone was still mentally on the beach.

We need direction from the top and I don't see it coming with the current team . Mitchell is off to part time Japan how does that help wasps.

We may scrape 8th but more likely we will be best of the rest.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 05:41:10 PM by Laterontoday »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2022, 07:09:29 PM »
Jacob actually looked quite good at scrum half.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2022, 07:57:41 PM »
Let’s not sugar coat it. That was dire. Punctuated by penalties and inaccuracy. We looked so much better with Porter on and when we kept ball in hand. Overall some of the worst kicking I’ve seen and thankful they were just worse than us. We were handed the game by their bizarre kick with 10 mins left. We were poor but we won - we were lucky today.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2022, 10:04:55 PM »
Let’s not sugar coat it. That was dire. Punctuated by penalties and inaccuracy. We looked so much better with Porter on and when we kept ball in hand. Overall some of the worst kicking I’ve seen and thankful they were just worse than us. We were handed the game by their bizarre kick with 10 mins left. We were poor but we won - we were lucky today.

+1

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2022, 10:07:50 PM »

+1

+2

Andywasp50

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2022, 11:55:15 PM »

Do you actually live in the real world? Wait until the end of the game!! We’ve waited 2 years for some players to prove us wrong. We can all live with losing it’s watching players that obviously aren’t good enough at this level that frustrates

Got to say that the post from Hopwood here is embarrassing tosh. ‘I work in psychology and I think my colleagues call this eustress (what do I you call it then?). And anyone who comes up statements like ‘you participation is voluntary, you can leave at any time’ clearly has absolutely no understanding of fans, loyalty, empathy or understanding’. If you work in psychology then I’m Antoine DuPont.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2022, 08:23:35 AM »
I'm  with Shugs on this one.  It looked to me untidy  and messy (with the exception of several already-mentioned players),  loose and disorganised  ....  and I wouldn't normally say anything like that about beloved Wasps. Hopefully it can only improve.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2022, 10:12:30 AM »
Must admit I went yesterday full of hope but left bemused and angry. In the past a day like yesterday was made for a "Wasps" running game but mostly all we did was kick and kick badly. THe first half was begging for a very high kick into the sun with players chasing but no we got long easy tragectory balls.
I also feel the much pre-vaunted back row was not too good - it needs Tom Willis to start.

I drove away at speed to get away (average speed 82 mph - mental) feeling glad I only have two more home matches to go through this season. I really cannot see where we can improve with the players misfiring this badly.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2022, 11:03:48 AM »
I drove away at speed to get away (average speed 82 mph - mental)

And that was in the car park at the CBSA ::)
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2022, 11:15:30 AM »
I drove away at speed to get away (average speed 82 mph - mental)

And that was in the car park at the CBSA ::)

Actually managed to dodge and weave and het out in about 5 minutes. 

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2022, 11:30:37 AM »

Got to say that the post from Hopwood here is embarrassing tosh. ‘I work in psychology and I think my colleagues call this eustress (what do I you call it then?). And anyone who comes up statements like ‘you participation is voluntary, you can leave at any time’ clearly has absolutely no understanding of fans, loyalty, empathy or understanding’. If you work in psychology then I’m Antoine DuPont.

Which is your opinion, Andywasp50 and you're totally entitled to it. Without getting into the debate of whether Hopwood does or doesn't work in psychology and whether you are or aren't Antoine DuPont which bit of what they've said doesn't ring true to you?

It felt to me like it summed up being a devoted fan pretty well - The highs and lows of following a team.