Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Latest Bobby article mentioning potential signings  (Read 764 times)

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Latest Bobby article mentioning potential signings
« on: March 29, 2022, 02:54:26 PM »
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/rugby-rumours-and-transfer-news-23533164?fbclid=IwAR325XcBMeTswH8d1sAK_VAFgPzM_ve7IiM8Bbxv4PlP7LkdRm6SqwMVhys

Hadn’t heard us linked to Ngatai but he’ll be a great signing for Leinster.

Doesn’t sound great moving forward that we haven’t got anyone specific lined up yet, although the big ball carrier somewhere in the backs Lee mentions is much needed in my opinion.

This article makes me feel like we’ll have both Mills and MLB around next year as well as Burger at 12 with Hartley and Simonds coming through. Burger will also play 13 if needed as will Spink and Odogwu.
Wonder if we’ll be looking at another lower profile SH import like Burger to break the line without breaking the bank.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 03:25:07 PM by JonnyD »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Latest Bobby article mentioning potential signings
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2022, 03:39:50 PM »
Well that says nothing really.

The last article said two were yet to be announced and a couple more were being looked for.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2022, 03:42:59 PM »
I hadn't heard us linked to Ngatai either. He's a quality, versatile player who would have had more AB caps if it wasn't for a bad run of concussions. But he would be a risk, and to be honest how glowingly do we think his Lyon teammate Lima speaks of the club in private?

I wonder if one of the done signings is a 10. At the risk of repeating what's on other threads, I think we need another 10, a solid, proven safe player such as Priestland was at Bath, or as Goode served as for us. No idea who that could be though in the current market.

But looing for another 'physical ball carrier' in the backs could be anyone really from 12 outwards.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2022, 03:52:26 PM »
Ha just said exactly the same thing about Lima and Lyon.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2022, 07:44:15 PM »
I’m still fairly convinced one of those done but not announced deals is Ryan.