Always a Wasp

Author Topic: 'Watch this space': Could Christian Wade be set for a rugby union return?  (Read 6574 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Have we reached the point where circulating stories like this carries a £5 fine? :D

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Adding to the outrageous rumours - could Christian represent USA under the new regulations where ex-internationals can change allegiance if not picked for a few years?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
I understood at the time that Wasps held his registration should he ever return.

This one is worth a tenner at least!
Let me tell you something cucumber

Beasties

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
The story underneath about Crossdale is interesting. Maybe he is staying after all?

MarleyWasp

Adding to the outrageous rumours - could Christian represent USA under the new regulations where ex-internationals can change allegiance if not picked for a few years?

Not through residence or his wife. To switch countries you must either be born in the country to which you wish to transfer or have a parent or grandparent born in that country.

Heathen

• View Profile
I understood at the time that Wasps held his registration should he ever return.

This one is worth a tenner at least!

I too thought was the case, should he ever return to union.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
He’d never get a team - defence is not up to it. :)

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
If he ever returned for us, and was his old self, that is an extra 1k on the gate most weeks. Sadly, I doubt that he could hit those heights again, or would want to.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Pluis 1.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Difficult to think that he could reproduce his old form in less than a year of training.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
He has changed shape and weight.  And age.  Can't see him whizzing down the field as he used to.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
He has changed shape and weight.  And age.  Can't see him whizzing down the field as he used to.

Oddly enough, despite his amazing skill as a wing, I always thought that he could have been a great scrum half.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
This story has run a little out of control from a rather innocuous comment from TV2.

Wadey has however shared the story today on his instagram saying he loves both sports.
I can’t really see him coming back unless it was big money somewhere. Looks like he’s enjoying his life in the US.

Not sure he fits the big ball carrier role in the backs although part of me just thinks play him at 12 like a RB. Just give him the ball and see what happens 😂

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile

Not sure he fits the big ball carrier role in the backs although part of me just thinks play him at 12 like a RB. Just give him the ball and see what happens 😂

Don Nottingham. The human bowling ball ;D
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!