Always a Wasp

Author Topic: 'Watch this space': Could Christian Wade be set for a rugby union return?  (Read 6572 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
6 clubs Christian Wade could sign for after leaving Buffalo Bills in NFL

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/6-clubs-christian-wade-could-23928556

Report from Bobby Bridge.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Not nice to read. Most clubs will have done their business for next season so probably would find it a tight squeeze to shoehorn him in. We have said we have space and funds. Ealing is a curved ball though.

I hope this is cleared up quickly and doesn't drag on.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Wasps have struggled for tries from their wingers on a consistent basis this season.

Unless we start getting the ball out to the wingers he's not going to be scoring many tries either.

The nearest Premiership rugby club to his hometown [High Wycombe] is London Irish, who play at the Brentford Community Stadium, around 25 miles away.

It might be closer but I've done that journey on a commuting basis (well to Hogarth Roundabout and after that to Stockley Park) and I think I'd rather be going to Henly-in-Arden, another journey I did on a regular basis because the Outlaws live in Stratford-Upon-Avon.

Although it does look from that selection of clubs that he's going to want to be in living in London.

Heathen

• View Profile
All conjecture by BB.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Yes. For me by far the most probable outcome is that he doesn’t make a rugby comeback at all.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Yes. For me by far the most probable outcome is that he doesn’t make a rugby comeback at all.

Kind of hope so.

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
Don’t want to spoil the memories.
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

hopwood

Interesting bit in the Telegraph, when talking about Bristol's fire sale...

"Telegraph Sport understands that fly half Tiff Eden is bound for France while wing Luke Morahan is likely to return to Australia despite attracting interest from Wasps. "

Having missed out on Anthony Watson (we expressed interest) and now Morahan...it looks like we still maybe looking for another back.

Come Wadey...pop a smile on our faces and come home.

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
I reckon a 30 year old Wade has to be a better signing than a 35 year old Ashton.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
BREAKING: Leicester Tigers confirm the signing of Phil Cokanasiga from London Irish.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
I mean at this point Leicester are an unrealistic location for Wade. Still if he was coming back I'd be nervous about London clubs...

Upon thinking about it further, I just don't think we're the same team as we were with Wade. Perhaps he wouldn't suit us. I'd love him back, but it's not like we're scoring butt loads of tries via the backs. I'd argue we're a forwards paradise, not a back's. I think if he came back he'd be wasted unless we sort out the attack in the backs.

Or unless Wade could be for us what Kolbe is to SA.... That'd be great, but not sure if he'd fit that.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
How many of Wades tries were run-ins where he was put into space by our backs and how many were pieces of magic?

Varndell seemed to be the one who was put into space and flew to the line.  He was a supreme athlete and finisher.

Wadey often felt like he did the hard yards himself from trickier positions and further out. 

MarleyWasp

BREAKING: Leicester Tigers confirm the signing of Phil Cokanasiga from London Irish.

And now Anthony Watson. Should be reasonably well stocked on the wing without needing to sign Wade (hopefully)

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Apparently we looked at Ashton and Watson, stands to reason we’ll be looking at Wadey if he is available

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
How many of Wades tries were run-ins where he was put into space by our backs and how many were pieces of magic?

Varndell seemed to be the one who was put into space and flew to the line.  He was a supreme athlete and finisher.

Wadey often felt like he did the hard yards himself from trickier positions and further out.

It wasn't just the tries he actually scored through those pieces of magic.  Because of his ability to produce those moments, he attracted more than his fair share of attention from defenders, which in turn created space for others.  The kind of space that Varndell loved to exploit.