Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Arundell  (Read 2035 times)

Old Geezer

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Arundell
« on: May 17, 2022, 04:33:33 PM »
How long before he gets bought by Saracens who, even now, seem to have an endless supply of money?

I know some will say we should let it rest now but a thought which I have always had is that apart from their cheating on the cap the biggest issue was the damage done to other clubs by denuding them of their good players.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Arundell
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 05:01:09 PM »
How long before he gets bought by Saracens who, even now, seem to have an endless supply of money?

I know some will say we should let it rest now but a thought which I have always had is that apart from their cheating on the cap the biggest issue was the damage done to other clubs by denuding them of their good players.

End of next season
Let me tell you something cucumber

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 05:10:59 PM »

Totally agree.  It's been the case in football for some time that the super-wealthy clubs throw huge sums of money at coveted players who will be no more than bit part players for them, simply to deny a competitor.

I think the signing of Daly was the final straw when the press had already begun to report what all supporters had believed for years.  Self awareness is not something Sarries are particularly blessed with, but surely even they realise now that if they start snapping up all of England's brightest young talent again, then the finger of suspicion will be pointing their way once again (not that it ever stopped for many of us!).  And players (and their agents) should no longer be naïve enough to believe that a big chunk of real estate on top of their salary is perfectly normal, and cannot continue to hide behind that defence.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 05:14:16 PM »
What a bizarre post. Is there anything actually suggesting he is going to Sarries?

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2022, 05:53:07 PM »
I have no idea, but it's par for the course, and I completely agree with DGP.  Nothing changes

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2022, 06:04:22 PM »
No-one really knows if he’s any good yet.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2022, 07:08:13 PM »
Well at least he's getting a shot which is a damn sight more than Wadey got from Jones.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2022, 07:14:47 PM »
I have no idea, but it's par for the course, and I completely agree with DGP.  Nothing changes
Except it does, they lost some good players, one of which is coming to us. Time for people to move on and concentrate on our own issues.
Agree with Peej, odd post.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2022, 06:18:03 AM »
What a bizarre post. Is there anything actually suggesting he is going to Sarries?
+1

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2022, 06:21:00 AM »

You mean like how they were able to sign Vincent Koch and John Ryan? Oh wait no that was us!

I get we hate Sarries, but it's beyond obvious they have unbalanced squad salary wise and they're struggling to afford depth. We signed their starting prop AND the guy they wanted to sign to replace him. Sarries can't afford anything.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2022, 08:23:27 AM »
What’s the problem if he wants to raise a thread on it? If you feel it’s not worthy of comment so be it -but the poster does.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2022, 09:05:13 AM »
Well at least he's getting a shot which is a damn sight more than Wadey got from Jones.

Was interesting to read in the recent interview with Wade that he felt his international career was curtailed by Lancaster and not Jones.  Lancaster chose Rokoduguni over Wade after having Wade in the squad and playing him in the BaaBaas game and that's when he felt his career was done.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2022, 09:20:29 AM »

Was interesting to read in the recent interview with Wade that he felt his international career was curtailed by Lancaster and not Jones.  Lancaster chose Rokoduguni over Wade after having Wade in the squad and playing him in the BaaBaas game and that's when he felt his career was done.

How dare you let facts get in the way of an anti Eddie opinion  :)

Anyway, at the moment Arundell will be joining the massed ranks of players who have been called up to a training camp but are yet to see a cap in action.
he might make it the Barbarians game (not a capped match IIRC) but can't see him getting much else in the immediate future.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2022, 09:27:23 AM »
Arundell is also eligible for both Wales and Ireland isn't he?  In which case, a 5 minute run off the bench in the 3rd test is a distinct possibility.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2022, 09:31:46 AM »
Arundell is also eligible for both Wales and Ireland isn't he?  In which case, a 5 minute run off the bench in the 3rd test is a distinct possibility.

And Scotland.

However very nice to see the boy wonder kept in check by Worcester last night.
Let me tell you something cucumber