Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Post match thoughts  (Read 3776 times)

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Post match thoughts
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2022, 09:13:36 PM »
I don’t want to gainsay you because you’ve rewatched it so are probably right, but my memory is that she said she’d checked it, it was OK, but she didn’t want to put it on the big screen. 

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2022, 09:16:31 PM »
Something seriously upset Lee.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Mellie

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2022, 09:34:13 PM »
If she checked it and thought it was OK she's more useless than I thought.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2022, 10:41:32 PM »
Listening on ref-link, and you can hear it on the tv she said she checked it and there was no foul play, must admit I didn’t really watch it much this morning.

On Lee, he was fuming, we sit near the bench and he wasn’t happy. I thought it was about the penalty against Stooke for holding on when all the Wasps players were shouting about the injury.
That whole sequence from Tempest was atrocious, for him to say he thought the Wasps players were complaining about a tackle in the air not the injury and still not change his decision when he realised he was wrong says more about him than anything. It took the TMO saying the injury was before the penalty for him to change his decision.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2022, 10:53:18 PM »
He and his team also missed multiple infringements when we were camped on their line. In at the side, changing binds, offside. He was poor, but so were we.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2022, 11:41:09 PM »
Lee was definitely fuming that ‘Tempo’ was going to restart the game with a pen to holding on. Lots of chat from Lee to the 4th official and the. All of a sudden the communication between ‘Tempo’ and ‘Hodders’ started and they agreed the injury happened before the infringement so they’d restart with a wasps scrum,

The Porter kick which was almost a 50:22 was laughable when she tried to intervene saying Porter had taken back into his 22 first.
Hodnett: oh no it’s bounced into touch didn’t it
Tempest: so what are we checking?
Hodnett: Nothing

Very interesting seeing how differently the scrum was referreed in Lyon by Murphy, where it seemingly was just a way to restart the game and we tried too hard to win penalties - think European rugby need greater consistency on this

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2022, 09:11:45 AM »
He and his team also missed multiple infringements when we were camped on their line. In at the side, changing binds, offside. He was poor, but so were we.

A bit different to CMK, who I thought had a very good match yesterday.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2022, 09:27:11 AM »

A bit different to CMK, who I thought had a very good match yesterday.

Totally agree on CMK yesterday.

Also Andrew Brace in the Edinburgh v Glasgow match - exactly the same move as Dan made - result - a knock on given because he was out. No cards given.
Let me tell you something cucumber