Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning all!  (Read 1011 times)

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning all!
« on: June 04, 2022, 06:45:16 AM »
Good morning from a grey, but jubilee festive Guildford! As usual I am up with the lark, coffee is on the go and dog walking awaits. Yet before silly season begins and the lads take a well deserved rest we have one more task against Leicester Tigers to get through.

Today is really simple….win! Style, performance does not matter, that is for pre season and the warm up games before next term. Even if today is the ugliest win we ever produce the reward is champions cup rugby, and being in that tournament is important. It gives greater exposure and revenue to the club, and as players, coaches and fans we all want to be tilting for the biggest trophies against the biggest teams. Tigers are fully loaded and are going for the Premiership trophy and a home semi final, they will be pumped and motivated. But it is against odds like these the true nature of the team comes out. A win for us can be that moment in years to come where we look back, and go that was when our success began!

Come on you Wasps!

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!  :D

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning all!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2022, 07:28:45 AM »
Morning ! - ditto coffee, dog and rain.....Dog not keen on rain so a cuppa and appraise the news. S Glos is grey and damp and whilst I'm glad it's the end of the season - this one could hurt.....BUT we've beaten Toulouse this season with 14 men and surprised more than one contender on their own turf so - a win's not out of the question....BUT...the odds are against

Safe travels all

COYW

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2022, 07:59:57 AM »
Morning - likewise dog on the walk ahead of the possible rain. Quite dull and blowing but not cold.

Hope the lads can go out and enjoy today without any bad injuries.  Little hope this end as the Cheetahs have to gain prime Q place (although the EAs seem to have taken an alternate view of selection).

Watching on the TV so no travel today. Safe travels to all going and enjoy the atmosphere.

COYW
Let me tell you something cucumber

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2022, 08:03:55 AM »
Mornin' all,

Dry here but very muggy and we have a thunderstorm warning so my morning walk postponed. I managed to comms site on Mt Troodos and Olympus and have seen the devastating effects of lightening so I take no chances.

Its our cup final and the lads go off for a very well deserved rest so emptying the tank isn't a problem. On the other hand the Tiggers are playing for semi-final places, so won't be yielding. It could be a fierce encounter and not vistors leave there with a win.

The forecast is for a dry afternoon with sunny periods and a bit of wind from the NE, so a chance for the backs to show us what they are capable of, but I fear the lack of confidence will lead to the schoolboy mistakes we've been served up of late.

Safe travels to those attending and happy watching to those not attending, and I've just remembered I haven't signed up so that's the next task.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2022, 08:16:46 AM »
Morning all,
I feel more optimistic of a good performance and possibly a win away at Tigers than I would of the same at home to Bath /Worcester but I guess that is often the Wasps way so hope it plays out like that today.
I'm on Jimmy to score the first try and Fifita the last to add a last minute line out steal.
Safe travels all.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2022, 09:00:01 AM »
Morning all. I think we’ll probably stay in the game for a bit but gradually get out scored. This game had to mean nothing for me. The opportunity we had for top 8 was lost versus Irish and Sale. Still, you never know!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2022, 09:11:53 AM »
 Good morning everyone!   It's damp and drizzly here. and rather grey, but we're hoping for dry weather after mid-day.  I'm not holding out a vast amount for a win today but on the plus side it's really great to see Tom Willis back where he belongs . . . starting.  At No. 8.  About bloomin' time too.  It's also good to see Willis freres  together at last.  We know that  our team will do their very best; good luck boys, no penalties, no injuries. Happy holidays to you all.  Our family will be spread about with two milking at different farms, two having a good time in the garden of  pub next door (Garden Party of course plus fun  and games) and  I'll be watching Bobby Bridge (did a trial run yesterday round the Gafrden Party site with my electric buggy and decided that I'd squash feet and dogs, not to mention guy ropes and tent pegs and bringing down gasze-bos!!).  Chaos!  Have a very good day all  of you, whatever you do and safe journeys  to you all.  Allez Allez Allez.  C O Y W 

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2022, 09:31:28 AM »
Morning all. Slightly watery sun in Hastings. We've p*ssed on a Tigers' party many times before. Let's do it again. We unexpectedly beat them at the CBSA. See if we can do the double. Good luck to everyone. Safe travels to those who are going and I hope all the boys get to sing the Wasps' victory song one more time before this horrible season ends.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2022, 09:38:24 AM »
The hell with it ...  sing the Song anyway!!

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2022, 09:41:26 AM »
Good morning all for the last time this season.

Late home from chez nous last night. It's a miserable morning here in S Bucks. I'm not expecting great things from us today. I think that Tigers will be too strong for us. However, it's a game of 80 minutes. If by chance, we can pull it off, it will a fantastic ned to the season.

#COYW

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2022, 09:48:01 AM »
Agree with WonkyWasp, it would be good to have an injury free game so they can all spend the summer relaxing rather than on the physio’s treatment table or in rehab.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2022, 09:57:24 AM »
Morning all.
I managed to get back on my feet Wednesday, and gingerly ventured out to a wedding in the sun drenched Gower yesterday. No thoughts of travelling for this game today though, which I cannot see us winning. Prove me wrong, team.
To be honest we had a horrendous three weeks that scuppered the season. Irish should have been 5 vs max 1 point. Sale was insipid, in a parallel dimension we are still out there not scoring refusing to pass to the backs, and we could and should have won the Euro semi, where we would have fancied our chances in the final for sure.
I know technically we can look back at other dropped points, but in reality there were huge injury issues and a resulting ack of confidence, the damage was in recent times with a fit squad.
I think this year has been the most dispiriting since the move, for many reasons.  A w today might change the way we view the whole season, but it is hard to envisage.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2022, 09:59:09 AM »
Morning all,
Dull morning so far.
I'm hoping Tigers have half an eye on the play-offs and have reigned back their training accordingly.
Really excited about the prospect of a shock away win - we are more than capable of raising our game when it really matters.
Delighted to see Fifita on the bench but I'm worried that Hislop's scrummaging is a weakness that might be exploited. 
COYW.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2022, 10:47:12 AM »
If it's on a streaming site (other than PRTV) then I will be watching, else I might get the lawns cut (I let them be for 'no cut May', saw loads of insects; bees, dragonflies, butterflies and even a pair of hedgehogs and a grass snake) - the first cut after no cut is supposed to be cut and drop, so that will take maybe an hour or two.

Utterly miserable day here in the South Midlands, with a cold North Easterly wind blowing and darned chilly.

For me this seems like a dead rubber day. I hope the lads feel there is something to play for.

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2022, 10:59:21 AM »
Unfortunately ditto for me.
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.