Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Fijian Scrum Half  (Read 2289 times)

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
Fijian Scrum Half
« on: December 04, 2018, 05:13:43 PM »
Some slightly odd English in the translation, nevertheless interesting http://fijisun.com.fj/2018/12/04/wasps-target-fijian-no-9/

It was fine when I left it.....

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Fijian Scrum Half
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 05:20:41 PM »
If you watched him in the U20(?) games, vs Canada and Italy I think, you would see his distribution is lightening fast and accurate, even with long passes. His kicking is OK, but he didn't do many box kicks. His defense is good. I would wonder where he would come in the pecking order though? He is, after all, quite young. I did think he was one of the standout players in that team.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 05:26:48 PM »
That would take a bit of pressure off. We miss Robson, someone with similarly fast distribution would be very welcome.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

RBB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 05:31:50 PM »
Probably targeted to replace Simpson, who is regularly rumoured to be off at the end of his contract. Interesting to see how it pans out.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 06:38:10 PM »
If he's a current international wouldn't that mean he's away on duty for  1/4 of the season?

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 06:54:57 PM »
It's very hard to find players of a high standard who aren't internationals.

You either have internationals, or journeymen. It depends on the quality you're after

RBB

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 07:06:23 PM »
Totally agree, the Premiership is now all about results, there is nothing between position 3 to bottom this season so far, finding true quality that can make the difference is so important. Look at Faf De Klerk, regardless of Sale's other challenges he pulls the strings and makes a massive difference....and is away with The Springboks for parts of the season.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 07:28:28 PM »
I don't subscribe to the idea that having internationals in the team is a problem.

When we were dominating the Premiership we had loads of them. For years Leicester have been at the top of the league and have had lots of internationals.  Sarries have loads and are clearly dominant.

Having top quality players in the squad not only makes it more likely you win the gamnes when they are around, but they also draw the average skill level up.  Playing alongside someone who is extremely good often inspires and motivates people to improve themselves.

Our issue is not internationals, it is injuries and overall squad size.  Fix those and we'll be sitting alongside Sarries and Exeter.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here