Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Watson on Leaving  (Read 1081 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Watson on Leaving
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 08:58:23 AM »
Cut down on the quantity of subs - say down to 3 front rows, another forward and one back. Salary cap has come down, so the number of players who actually turn out for a game should be reduced also. Personally, I would like to do something about the front row subs as well, but I don't know what. I've never liked the complete front row changes which now seem to be almost obligatory. Any reductions and (apparently) safety comes into account.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 10:10:21 AM »
Cut down on the quantity of subs - say down to 3 front rows, another forward and one back. Salary cap has come down, so the number of players who actually turn out for a game should be reduced also. Personally, I would like to do something about the front row subs as well, but I don't know what. I've never liked the complete front row changes which now seem to be almost obligatory. Any reductions and (apparently) safety comes into account.

With the potential new concussion rules ruling players automatically out of at least 1 game (12 days I think) squads might need to be bigger again in key positions, might also be an issue for those who seem more susceptible to concussion.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2022, 10:18:22 AM »
The game is just too physical to limit subs. How many games have we seen where there haven't been at least two players needing to be replaced due to injury?

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2022, 10:23:51 AM »
On Watson, I didn't realise his family situation. Congratulations to them all, but it must make this a much more stressful time. Probably not the time to move abroad, but what options might there be in the Premiership? Maybe Newcastle but I'm not sure who else would be in the market for a back 3 player?

Best of luck to him.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2022, 03:25:04 PM »
Rumoured to be off to Treviso. Good luck to him.