Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps Women  (Read 2654 times)

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps Women
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2022, 11:53:32 AM »
Good Giselle Mather article / interview, mentions possibility of Coventry move for Women but not confirmed as seemed to be previously thought in this thread.

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/leaving-wasps-and-the-ealing-adventure-by-stepping-down-theyve-realised-what-is-necessary/

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2022, 10:03:25 AM »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2022, 10:44:49 AM »
They really need to bolster the squad after so many departures.
Let me tell you something cucumber

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2022, 09:34:23 PM »
Good Giselle Mather article / interview, mentions possibility of Coventry move for Women but not confirmed as seemed to be previously thought in this thread.

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/leaving-wasps-and-the-ealing-adventure-by-stepping-down-theyve-realised-what-is-necessary/

I hate to say this, but I’m not sure Wasps Womens could play at the CBS Arena whilst the football club are there because of EFL groundshare rules, as follows:-

13.3  Ground sharing will only be approved at the discretion of the Board . The Board will ordinarily withhold approval in circumstances where the proposed ground share arrangement would result in the Club sharing occupation of the playing surface with more than one other individual team from another sport (by way of example, a Club sharing with one Rugby League team will be acceptable, but a Club seeking to share with a Rugby Union team and a Rugby League team, or two Rugby Union teams, will not).

Wasps mens and Wasps womens would be two RU teams. Clearly discretion could be applied: I doubt the recent pitch issues would help in that regard.

ardenwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2022, 09:49:16 PM »
Thanks Sam for pointing that out. Clear facts there… well apart from you stating you ‘hate to say it’

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2022, 09:54:45 PM »
Thanks Sam for pointing that out. Clear facts there… well apart from you stating you ‘hate to say it’

It had to be said but I hated to say it because I was expecting a robust reaction. As you know, I’m a shy, retiring type of chap.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2022, 10:43:49 PM »
All that says is that they are biased to refuse, not that they always will.

It strikes me that English football is determined to be the architect of its own economic downfall.

And if I were a Sky Blue I’d be very worried that Wasps brand succeeds and they test that rule. Where do they  go next?

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2022, 08:02:25 AM »
All that says is that they are biased to refuse, not that they always will.

It strikes me that English football is determined to be the architect of its own economic downfall.

And if I were a Sky Blue I’d be very worried that Wasps brand succeeds and they test that rule. Where do they  go next?

As both the rules and I said, discretion could be applied. The current groundshare will have been approved in the current situation where the rule applied without the need to use that discretion. I guess the determining factor would be how that is reflected in the lease agreement, if at all.

Are Wasps ladies formally part of Wasps RFC, for example owned by Wasps Holdings? Or is it more of a loose, historic affiliation? Do they get much in the terms of attendances?

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2022, 09:14:45 AM »
I would imagine they would play a few games at CBSA (mainly double headers), some at the training ground (possibly named as their home stadium) and others at venues around the area to get round that if necessary, don't think financially opening up the stadium for 1 off games at this stage would be worth it unfortunately. The main benefit of the proposed move is the training facilities.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2022, 02:15:06 PM »
STH this year get free access to Wasps Women's matches at the CBSA. It is included as a benefit so matches will happen (probably double headers).
Let me tell you something cucumber

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2022, 02:58:18 PM »
I would imagine they would play a few games at CBSA (mainly double headers), some at the training ground (possibly named as their home stadium)

Quinn regularly play games at the Surrey Sports park and the Stoop so you something like the above is likely, IMO