Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Open Letter to Fans from CCFC.  (Read 3224 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Open Letter to Fans from CCFC.
« on: December 06, 2018, 03:46:13 PM »
Full text here:

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-open-letter-15514840

Despite our position, I wouldn't be surprised if there are already confidential but informal discussions between Wasps and CCFC going on behind the scenes.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Open Letter to Fans from CCFC.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 03:55:33 PM »
Treads carefully to obfuscate the facts though.

CCFC had said to the Council and Wasps that they needed four years (from 2014) to get their own stadium sorted, so the Council accepted this and asked Wasps (in the contract) to keep the lease for CCFC going until 2018/2019 season. Done. So, where did CCFC build its stadium then? I recall Mr Fisher showing the drawings, he talked about the location (but didn't say where other than it was pretty much a done deal) ...

You can read back issues of the Coventry Evening Telegraph that report all this.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 04:23:12 PM »
Feel sorry for them, crappy owners who seemingly have little interest in them, just making already hard jobs, harder.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 04:46:59 PM »
Don't feel too much sympathy. Wasps should hold their nerve and stick to their statement. If as reported Wasps have shelved out a half million in legal fees then that has to be the starting financial level onto which any annual fee is added. Also that should be significantly more than the current £100k.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 05:28:13 PM »
As far as I am concerned it is simple. Wasps should issue a statement making it clear that we guarantee to ensure CCFC do not end up homeless if the legal action is stopped and the fees are paid.

Stop trying to bankrupt us and we will guaranteee you won't go out business.

However if you do not stop the action then we will not aid you in any way at all.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 05:42:46 PM »
Nick was again quoted as saying as you suggest last week following last year's statement after agreeing the one year tide over deal.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 06:27:26 PM »
As far as I am concerned it is simple. Wasps should issue a statement making it clear that we guarantee to ensure CCFC do not end up homeless if the legal action is stopped and the fees are paid.

However if you do not stop the action then we will not aid you in any way at all.

He can't guarantee they won't go out of business, or that they won't end up homeless, otherwise they could move in and pay nothing.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 06:29:18 PM »
It'd almost be worth giving them a free year if the Legal action was dropped completely and for good and the fees were paid in full.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 06:33:18 PM »
Too generous and don't forget Wasps have already shelled out £500k in legal fees without any recompense. Make that figure the starting point for discussions.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 09:53:59 PM »
Fisher, who is the lackie of Joy, has made a massive mistake.. he's used his own house as a director of CCFC holdings..

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 02:39:27 PM »

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2018, 09:41:49 AM »
It sounds like
Help me obi-wan Kenobi you're my only hope

I know that some want us to play hard ball, but I really don't want to see their club fold

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2018, 10:21:46 AM »
I know that some want us to play hard ball, but I really don't want to see their club fold

I really don't want to see the Sky Blues fold either. As a tactical move, I would like to see Wasps publish a broad outline of the deal they would have offered CCFC had the legals ended. We are told that relations between both clubs are excellent, so it should be somewhat advantageous to them as they are the meat in the sandwich and have the most to lose. Most important their tenancy at the Ricoh should be guaranteed for a number of years - at least 10, more like 25. This would take a lot of pressure off CCFC and could get very many of their fans on our side when they see what they are missing. I can't mention financials, rent etc for they are far too complicated for someone like me. Remember Sky Blues fans love their club and their owners don't give a pigeons phart about them.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2018, 10:46:57 AM »

Would agree here. Seems a fair trade, Legal action dropped for fair terms of tenancy.