Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Commonwealth 7s - Pitch  (Read 25168 times)

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Commonwealth 7s - Pitch
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2022, 10:09:34 PM »
Ouch. Sounds like Coventry will be having to shut up or sod off quite soon. Birmingham isn't too far I hear. Northampton not too far away either, but either way this sounds strained, and when things get strained the tenants move on. If I were CCFC, I would grumble, take the Hugh ground,  and then shut up pdq.

Come on Dai Young

« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2022, 10:13:38 PM »
Ouch. Sounds like Coventry will be having to shut up or sod off quite soon. Birmingham isn't too far I hear. Northampton not too far away either, but either way this sounds strained, and when things get strained the tenants move on. If I were CCFC, I would grumble, take the Hugh ground,  and then shut up pdq.

The Hugh Ground - that's in Wolverhampton, isn't it?

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2022, 10:22:10 PM »
Ouch. Sounds like Coventry will be having to shut up or sod off quite soon. Birmingham isn't too far I hear. Northampton not too far away either, but either way this sounds strained, and when things get strained the
tenants move on. If I were CCFC, I would grumble, take the Hugh ground,  and then shut up pdq.
That’s exactly what they’ll do possibly along with a stab at some compo. Renting from us suits their model.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2022, 10:35:15 PM »
      ;D

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2022, 11:00:16 PM »
An interesting and carefully worded statement. 7s tournaments do not appear to have caused that much pitch damage elsewhere in the UK in the past. Will be interesting to see what, if any, response the football club make - if no response that would be quite telling.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2022, 07:06:06 AM »
I suspect that even now they are busy covering their own backs.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2022, 09:03:33 AM »
I suspect that even now they are busy covering their own backs.

Like this?

Attachment removed - please remember this is a family friendly forum.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 12:25:48 PM by Vespula Vulgaris »

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2022, 09:20:21 AM »
OMG!  (Whirling Dervish looks almost attractive after that!!)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2022, 09:31:57 AM »
Nothing wrong with a troupe of Whirling Dervishes.
Let me tell you something cucumber

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2022, 09:47:37 AM »
That was once my preferred style of 'dancing'.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2022, 09:51:00 AM »
Excellent
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2022, 06:12:54 PM »
Very bad news to see the Sky Blues were smashed last night by Bristol City, playing at Burton. Coventry City clearly have bigger worries with this season’s performances than just the CBSA pitch.

As a young Coventrian, I felt great pride in watching the Sky Blues progress from the 3rd to the 2nd to the 1st Division, so I can imagine how disappointed the current fans must feel not to have been able to cheer on the team at the CBS Arena so far this season.  Clearly a combination of several unfortunate factors, but I do have faith in the owners to resolve the current pitch issues to everybody’s satisfaction. For what it’s worth, I’m still hoping Coventry City can get promotion to the Premiership and fill the Arena week in week out.

But as a Wasps fan too, I’m going to put a bet on that we finish Top 6 and at this stage of the year I can’t see why that would be out reach.

I’ve found in life it’s better to collaborate than live in constant confrontation.

Maybe this post will be too positive for most - but given my recent health issues, I’d hate to snuff it and not to have aired my views on this.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2022, 06:19:18 PM »
Thanks for that Rugby in the Blood, it's in everyone's interest for both teams to thrive.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2022, 07:12:47 PM »
Plus 1

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2022, 08:01:40 PM »
Very bad news to see the Sky Blues were smashed last night by Bristol City, playing at Burton. Coventry City clearly have bigger worries with this season’s performances than just the CBSA pitch.

As a young Coventrian, I felt great pride in watching the Sky Blues progress from the 3rd to the 2nd to the 1st Division, so I can imagine how disappointed the current fans must feel not to have been able to cheer on the team at the CBS Arena so far this season.  Clearly a combination of several unfortunate factors, but I do have faith in the owners to resolve the current pitch issues to everybody’s satisfaction. For what it’s worth, I’m still hoping Coventry City can get promotion to the Premiership and fill the Arena week in week out.

But as a Wasps fan too, I’m going to put a bet on that we finish Top 6 and at this stage of the year I can’t see why that would be out reach.

I’ve found in life it’s better to collaborate than live in constant confrontation.

Maybe this post will be too positive for most - but given my recent health issues, I’d hate to snuff it and not to have aired my views on this.

Sorry to hear about your health issues.